Fiona's Story - Sheffield

so paying a woman to have sex with him you would turn him into a criminal ?you had better start with the people in charge of the country then .just because money changes hands you could end up with a criminal record :loopy: how many women (and men)go out every weekend get laid with a stranger and nothings done ? i agree women forced into this by pimps against their will should be punished or girls doing this because they are on drugs etc need help .but criminalising both men and women for doing a service they both have entered into is laughable .

None of you know the truth of this, however I do, but out of respect for the three kids I will certainly not enlighten you.

so paying a woman to have sex with him you would turn him into a criminal ?you had better start with the people in charge of the country then .just because money changes hands you could end up with a criminal record :loopy:how many women (and men)go out every weekend get laid with a stranger and nothings done ? i agree women forced into this by pimps against their will should be punished or girls doing this because they are on drugs etc need help .but criminalising both men and women for doing a service they both have entered into is laughable .

they are "giving themselves" to the other person freely, no charge. they aren't selling themselves to the other person.

just bought my copy off ebay for three pounds.

None of you know the truth of this, however I do, but out of respect for the three kids I will certainly not enlighten you.

I know a lot of the true story. I don't think it is like the story in the book, and I know it isn't anything like the story that was in the press. The children and the mother lived two doors down from me when she was murdered. It was terrible, but we could all see it coming. It was like a train wreck.

I can understand why the mother started campaigning so much, I believe it was out of guilt. The story is even more sad when you know everything that was going on around it.

I know a lot of the true story. I don't think it is like the story in the book, and I know it isn't anything like the story that was in the press. The children and the mother lived two doors down from me when she was murdered. It was terrible, but we could all see it coming. It was like a train wreck.

I can understand why the mother started campaigning so much, I believe it was out of guilt. The story is even more sad when you know everything that was going on around it.

Yes you've got it, we most likely know each other.

Was Fenwick Road just made up for the book then?

Was Fenwick Road just made up for the book then?

Correct, I want to think well of folk that have suffered, which I do, but both the press reports and the book are as close to the truth as Pope Benedict is to converting to Islam.

She was in my year at school, King Ecgberts 87-92.

I was never really friendly with her but she was also from Totley so I knew her in passing.

All I really remember was that she did have a black boyfriend at 14 who drove (clearly quite a lot older than her and unusual for a 14 year old), she was also quite descriptive about her 'exploits' with him. A lot more than any 14 year should probably know about or be doing.

Not to speak ill of the dead but her personality around this time was strange to say the least, she then came to school less and less often eventually to the point of us not seeing her.

I was living in the States when I came across her death in the newspaper, a surprise to say the least. ( I only found out when the book was released in 1997)

Edited by jamesogt

i read the book a couple ov years bac it is a good book. I only likr readin true stories Damaged by Cathy Glass is a good book if u like true stories

hi ilive in leeds and i am paul ivisons step brother i am sorry to say but paul died some years ago and also fionas brother is named john after my late step fathers name who was john cochrane pierce ivison fiona was a beautiful girl who is very much missed by all our family mick gill*****

She was in my year at school, King Ecgberts 87-92.

I was never really friendly with her but she was also from Totley so I knew her in passing.

All I really remember was that she did have a black boyfriend at 14 who drove (clearly quite a lot older than her and unusual for a 14 year old), she was also quite descriptive about her 'exploits' with him. A lot more than any 14 year should probably know about or be doing.

Not to speak ill of the dead but her personality around this time was strange to say the least, she then came to school less and less often eventually to the point of us not seeing her.

I was living in the States when I came across her death in the newspaper, a surprise to say the least. ( I only found out when the book was released in 1997)

Chipping in my response to your comments a bit late, James, but:-

You say her behaviour changed, and that this lass attended school less and less.

This sounds like typical behaviour exhibited by someone being "groomed":- you, as another child, would probably not be expected to have "twigged" what was going on, even though it sounded as if it had become blatant by the latter days...

The authorities should have intervened more effectively, (granted, not the easiest of things to do, with a very determined teen!) and protected her from the grooming.

It dismays me that, even now, the authorities seem to prefer to hang-back, and not intervene in cases like this, and the more recent cases that have hit the media. Worse still, there are cases which haven't, and possibly won't make the news.

Had the authorities taken more notice of Mrs Ivison's concerns, and acted with more powers, maybe Fiona could still have been among us. Who knows.

hi ilive in leeds and i am paul ivisons step brother i am sorry to say but paul died some years ago and also fionas brother is named john after my late step fathers name who was john cochrane pierce ivison fiona was a beautiful girl who is very much missed by all our family mick gill*****

This is the thing that many people overlook when cases like this happen:-. It is forgotten, that the women who lost their lives, (Fiona Ivison, 1993, Dawn Shields, 1994, Michaela Hague in 2001) were someone's Daughter, Granddaughter, Sister, Mother, cousin... and a gaping hole is left within the family where the loved-one has been wrenched away.

Mick, thoughts are with you and your family as you continue to deal with the loss.