Fiona's Story - Sheffield

I've just finished reading a book called 'Fiona's Story' a tragic story about a Sheffield teenager named Fiona Ivison. Fiona got involved in drugs and prostitution in the early 90's and died at the hands of a punter.

It was a very sad story, I just wondered if anyone else had read the book?

I've just finished reading a book called 'Fiona's Story' a tragic story about a Sheffield teenager named Fiona Ivison. Fiona got involved in drugs and prostitution in the early 90's and died at the hands of a punter.

Sounds like a hoot.

I'll stick to Andy Mcnab and Chris Ryan books thanks.

I didn't read the book, but I saw the original reconstruction of her murder on Crimewatch. Very sad indeed.

The book mentions the street names of Fenwick Road and Lester St but I've never hear of those road names in Sheffield?

if you like true stories try reading priceless by charlie daniels she was a prostitute who tells her story based in sheffield too

The place that Fiona was killed was demolished as part of the new inner relief road I believe.

I read it following a thread on here a year or two back... It's a interesting book, although I'm sure there are a thousand such Fiona's go the same way every year...

The book mentions the street names of Fenwick Road and Lester St but I've never hear of those road names in Sheffield?

The place that Fiona was killed was demolished as part of the new inner relief road I believe.

I believe those street names are in Doncaster, which is where Fiona was murdered, back in 1993. (although, yes, she was from Sheffield IIRC) She was just seventeen, and had been "working the streets for just three weeks before her murder.

Medusa, the murder you are thinking of was the murder of Michaela Hague, which happened ten years ago in November. (5th Nov 2001)

She was murdered by a punter, in the wasteland which was beside the Manchester pub (now renamed the Harlequin). This area was, indeed, cleared and extensively remodelled for the inner relief road.

Thanks for the replies,

The street names are supposed to refer to Sheffield but it was nearly 25 years ago so maybe those streets don't exist in Sheffield anymore or maybe they were made up for the book?

I too have read 'Fiona's story'. Such an emotional story and you do feel the emotions as you are reading. It's written very well.

I too have read 'Fiona's story'. Such an emotional story and you do feel the emotions as you are reading. It's written very well.

it's a heartbreaking story. :nod:

Fenwick Lane certainly still exists in Doncaster, and Leicester (rather than Lester) avenue.