Estate Agents - overly descriptive?

There was a house at Manor Top which was described as being in a 'secluded location'....it's on the junction of City Road, Mansfield Road and Hurlfield Road:hihi: it just had a lot of unkempt hedges round it.

There was a house at Manor Top which was described as being in a 'secluded location'....it's on the junction of City Road, Mansfield Road and Hurlfield Road:hihi: it just had a lot of unkempt hedges round it.

lol thats a cracker:D

I am helping my sister search for a house, and the thing I am finding really annoying is the magical expanding photos. You look at a house and the rooms look massive in the photos, then when you look at the measurements you realise it would be difficult to swing a mouse in them!

How come they are not supposed to be deceptive in their descriptions, but they are allowed to put on photos which have been taken with an enlarging lens?

Estate agent's are the poet's of to day.

I have a friend who lives in Foxhill but always tells people he lives in Lower Grenoside.

There are actually some parts of Ecclesfield that do have a S5 postcode as far as im aware. Although im almost sure Monteney Gardens isnt one of them.

I have a friend who lives in Foxhill but always tells people he lives in Lower Grenoside.

There are actually some parts of Ecclesfield that do have a S5 postcode as far as im aware. Although im almost sure Monteney Gardens isnt one of them.

yea my friend lives on Yew lane in s5 which splits the postcode i think , another lives nr the fighting **** pub , i'm pretty certain monteney gdns hasnt ever been ecclesfield tho. :)

it happens all over sheffield where some areas encroach on others with a slightly more favourable name, so they must think lets just say its there and see what happens!

artistic license is one thing! lol

Edited by ChrisT70

My mum always used to tell people that we lived in Ecclesfield when we were growing up... but to get to Ecclesfield you first had to walk past the Shiregreen Hotel... the house was definitely in Shiregreen! lol

I'm sure that the trainee would have had to visit the property prior to advertising it, but Eric could never get excited about anything that he hadn't seen with his own eyes, he was old school.

I think in a lot of cases if you manage to speak with an agent that has actually been inside the property you are enquiring about you have performed a miracle. You call up regarding a property, you are then put through to the negotiator dealing with that property, and then that person usually knows nothing and will sometimes even read to you from the description you originally saw online lols. All good fun.

I am helping my sister search for a house, and the thing I am finding really annoying is the magical expanding photos. You look at a house and the rooms look massive in the photos, then when you look at the measurements you realise it would be difficult to swing a mouse in them!

How come they are not supposed to be deceptive in their descriptions, but they are allowed to put on photos which have been taken with an enlarging lens?

This is so true. I've stupidly fallen for this myself, went to view a property and laughed out loud once I saw the living room.