Are you happy for your bin to be emptied every 2 weeks instead of weekly?

Are you happy for your bin to be emptied every 2 weeks  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy for your bin to be emptied every 2 weeks

• Yes. 2 weeks is fine for me.
    • No. I prefer to stop with a weekly collection

All well and good if you can afford to large it up in restaurants and christ knows where 8 nights a week. If your house is actually a home where you cook and eat in most nights, then you will fill a bin in 2 weeks if you have a family of 4!

We rarely eat out maybe once every few months .Can't afford it.I do cook regularly and due to a limited income don't waste anything.I have an allotment so any veg waste is composted and other food stuff ends up in the dogs bowls.

I don't buy stuff that is over packaged.It is just the way I was brought up .My dad came from a very poor family and past on his thrifty ways. I have got to admit it is not so easy passing this on to my kids.

It should go to once a month and pay per waste - that'll sort out all these recycling deniers

No it wont, it will just cost the council a fortune clearing up all the fly tipping.

You CANNOT force people to re-cycle.

Not to mention all the rats and diesease`s that will follow.

Guest sibon

You CANNOT force people to re-cycle.

But you can arrest fly tippers.

But you can arrest fly tippers.

but you have to catch them first....

We cant catch burglars....let alone fly tippers!

Guest sibon
but you have to catch them first....

We cant catch burglars....let alone fly tippers!

The police have their first lead from this thread:)

The police have their first lead from this thread:)

Well whoopie doo....when im walking this weekend and see untold fly tipping areas, ill think to myself, our lovely officers will be arresting the culprits sometime soon.

Ill sleep well tonight.

All well and good if you can afford to large it up in restaurants and christ knows where 8 nights a week. If your house is actually a home where you cook and eat in most nights, then you will fill a bin in 2 weeks if you have a family of 4!

We rarely eat out. We cook from scratch every day. We compost and recycle, and produce one small carrier bags worth of rubbish for landfill per collection. (This is between two, so even if you doubled this or even trebled this for a family of four, you still shouldn't fill a standard bin in two weeks. That would be a maximium of 6 carrier bags, which is about half a bin full.)

The question should be the other way round.

What the heck do people find to put in their bins to fill them?

No. I think it should stay as it is!. I have noticed that we are paying more in council tax than services!. We are turning into mini recycling stations, with blue, green, brown and the latest redish bins. And we are making money for them and they have the nerve to do that! At least they can do is keep the bins to once a week. To me they are just plain greedy!.