Are you prepared for zombie apocalypse?

Ive dug out a safe bunker and have a range of high powered weaponry at hand just incase of this very occurance...

Have you got room for me? :hihi: i'll bring a torch and biscuits :D

Ive dug out a safe bunker and have a range of high powered weaponry at hand just incase of this very occurance...

Have you got room for me? :hihi: i'll bring a torch and biscuits :D

Safe bunker? !!!!!!

Dead-end death pit, once the ammo and biscuits have run out more like!!!!!! :o

Come on, you need to think properly about this stuff!

yeah look at zombies dawn of the dead, in a supermarket.............everything they could ever need........................didnt help

Ok a question for all zombie experts, My son wants to know if there was a zombie infestation would it just be the human undead to come and eat us all or would the undead animals come back to have a munch as well? If thats the case crash helmets is a must , undead blackbirds pecking at your head is gonna hurt:hihi:

You need to play some dead rising as your training program lol

Ok a question for all zombie experts, My son wants to know if there was a zombie infestation would it just be the human undead to come and eat us all or would the undead animals come back to have a munch as well? If thats the case crash helmets is a must , undead blackbirds pecking at your head is gonna hurt:hihi:

Good point, It would all depend of the cause of the zombie pandemic.

1. Biological/viral- it would depend on the strain of the virus or parasite, many will only affect humans just like many will only affect certain types of animals. I think in this case there would be a good chance it's humans only, who knows though?

2. Supernatural- a curse, a punishment from God, the planets aligning? I think it'd be humans only, as we're the only species guilty of crimes against life and nature. Of course the supernatural is a ridiculous notion :hihi:!!!!

Anyway, back to zombies....

3. Scientific experimentation- all species are up for grabs here. Neurogenesis experiments have already been carried out on animals for years.

Oh come on FJ, you're a man of knowledge and facts so I KNOW you're pulling our leg on this one!!!

Physics dictates that the colder a body is, the more restricted its movement, this applies to the undead too.

Sprinting zombies are fiction, everyone knows that!!! :hihi:

Ah, but zombies are less likely to decay in such a cold environment so what you gain in the slowness of the zombie due to the cold, you lose in the zombie being 'operational' for a longer period. I'd say your best bet is a warm humid environment where the zombie will decay quickly therefore being a threat for a shorter period of time. Personally, I think a lot of the people portrayed in zombie movies are only slightly more intelligent than the zombies themselves.

3. Scientific experimentation- all species are up for grabs here. Neurogenesis experiments have already been carried out on animals for years.

Would a zombie kitten still be cute!?

Ah, but zombies are less likely to decay in such a cold environment so what you gain in the slowness of the zombie due to the cold, you lose in the zombie being 'operational' for a longer period. I'd say your best bet is a warm humid environment where the zombie will decay quickly therefore being a threat for a shorter period of time.

Not only would they be slower, they would most likely completely freeze (emitting little or no heat). Yes they would be preserved, but in suspended animation. All you would have to do is periodically go out and "sweep" the area near your shelter/refuge, dispatching all frozen zombehs with a swift blow from your trusty RootsBooster zombie tool. Also there would be an advantage of less zombies due to a smaller human population in the first place.

Not only would they be slower, they would most likely completely freeze (emitting little or no heat). Yes they would be preserved, but in suspended animation. All you would have to do is periodically go out and "sweep" the area near your shelter/refuge, dispatching all frozen zombehs with a swift blow from your trusty RootsBooster zombie tool. Also there would be an advantage of less zombies due to a smaller human population in the first place.

You are making the assumption that zombies are operating using the same chemical methods as a human being would use, difficult to justify, where is the oxygen coming from? for the muscles to burn for movement. Also have you considered why there are so few humans present? You would find self-sufficiency very difficult to maintain in such a harsh environment. Personally I have a chainmail hauberk, two full sets of biking leathers and a sword, which could be sharpened, if needed, and some skill in using it (medieval re-inactment training:D) I've yet to meet a sword which ran out of ammo! and the protection provided by a combination of chainmail, leather and a crash helmet would provide reasonable protection from anything less than a mob attack.

I'm not even worried about a zombie apocolypse, and I think all zombie films are ridiculous.

Not because zombies are impossible, I can let that slide, but because a modern military would completely destroy them, life would be back to normal in a few weeks max.