Police armed with hand guns

there must have been some important person in Sheffield today as there were around half a dozen motorbike outriders and a black range-rover and at the end of the convoy was an AR Car. all coming up Norfolk street and past town hall around 12.30pm

No, just, no! :gag::rant:

Contrary to what the Government would have us believe, this is NOT America, if the Police get guns, the criminals will just get bigger and better guns! :loopy::rant:

there is no proof in this view that criminals will use guns if the police have them. its a complete misconception. the police have tassers now but criminals do not carry them? criminals are not engaged in an arms race with the police and a criminals objective to to get away with their crime, not to slug it out with the police.

maybe our streets would be less of a battle ground for drunks and thugs if the police had deadly weapons like most other coureties that seem to have much less trouble on a friday night then we do in the majority of our city centres.

Edited by WeX

[/i][/b]

Hehehe. Are you a fan of the Dirty Harry movies?

You can tell huh, a Clint classic ;).

You can tell huh, a Clint classic ;).

the best:hihi:

they're tazers, they dont carry handguns

Incorrect , firearms officers will carry a handgun.

Incorrect , firearms officers will carry a handgun.

incorrect they dont just walk around with handguns do they, only in certain situations and only certain officers like you said 'firearm officers' carry handguns as not all officers are trained to use handguns, and only certain officers are trained with the tazer guns just the same.

their is no reason for any officers to carry handguns thats why their is specially trained units and officers on call if hostile situations arise ;)

We are getting like America, gang's the use of knives gun's . One time of day murder was somthing of of an horror event , now seems every day event.

incorrect they dont just walk around with handguns do they, only in certain situations and only certain officers like you said 'firearm officers' carry handguns as not all officers are trained to use handguns, and only certain officers are trained with the tazer guns just the same.

their is no reason for any officers to carry handguns thats why their is specially trained units and officers on call if hostile situations arise ;)

Firearms officers on patrol always carry sidearms in addition to tasers. I never claimed general patrol officers carry a sidearm.

Firearms officers on patrol always carry sidearms in addition to tasers. I never claimed general patrol officers carry a sidearm.

why would they carry both ?, where is your proof that officers trained to use firearms patrol with them without special exceptions ?

I have seen (often) and speak to (often), armed police that carry a firearm (handgun), taser and cs spray. They also seem to carry a batton too, which is beyond me. They don't normally drive the panda cars though, useually BMW's, mondeo's and volvos.

why would they carry both ?,

I would have thought that was blindingly obvious.