Just met two Rainrescue dogs.

The OH and I just got back from our morning walk around the woods and fields and we met a lady with a couple of "Show cocker spaniels" and we started talking and she mentioned that she got them from Rainrescue.

They were dumped on a motorway near Sheffield at Christmas and she collected them in January.

Just to let the Rainrescue people know that theyre happy, contented, healthy and having a great life! People must come from all over the country to get pets from there.

Thanks Jaberwocky - but they can't be from us? We haven't ever had any in?

I wonder if they came from someone who we feature on our website?

Who ever they got them from though - it shows that just cos they are 'second hand' doesn't mean that they aren't great dogs does it.

Thanks for sharing with us

rr

She was a bit unclear about it but she mentioned Sheffield and the motorway and couldnt really remember any names, I said `Rainrescue?` and she said `Yes, thats them!`

Maybe it wasnt this last Christmas... I`ll ask her for more details when I see her next.

Anyway, theyre living in Leicestershire and are looking good :D

I bet she got them from the council Stray kennels Jabberw., lots of people think that we run them - its all very confusing I know, but whatever - at least it was good feedback and 2 happy lucky dogs.

Were they both male, one black and White other brown/ginger White type?? If so these were from the pound :)

Were they both male, one black and White other brown/ginger White type?? If so these were from the pound :)

Yeah that sounds like them! I was tempted to take pics but I was worried the lady might object so I didnt bother. I`ll ask her permission next time I see them.

It's great to know that the collaboration between Sheffield pound and Rainrescue really works :)

I must say that the fact that they were found by the side of a motorway might have rang a few bells but as it doesnt, I assume that people dumping pups in this way isnt a rare occurrence...? Its shameful isnt it? How people can just do that.

I reserve judgement on these cases, as there was a thread on SF accusing somebody of dumping their dog on Sheffield Parkway - claiming it can't have been anything other than dumped as it was stuck between the concrete walls in the central reservation at Handsworth. The thread got quite heated before the distraught owner who'd lost their dog posted on the thread :rolleyes:

Yes, dumping does happen, but there are many, many people who search for years and never find their dogs - probably partly because of the hysteria people whip themselves and others into, so anybody who finds a LOST dog, assumes it's been dumped. Add in the problems of how lost dogs are handled and how damned difficult it is to tie paperwork together for lost dogs and found dogs, and if a dog has roamed over the boundaries between dog wardens... :shakes:

As far as I remember they weren't on the motorway, but were tied up somewhere near a vets. Lovely pair of dogs glad they got rehomed together :)