Sad news black and white cat on side of road :-(

Just drove along penistone road outside sheff wed ground and noticed in the middle of the reservation just before charlie brown right turn, a dead black and white cat :( didn't know if anyone had seen the poor thing RIP little one xx

i saw this as i was coming back from morrisons was gonna post about it too but you beat me to it,poor little thing, rip little cat xx

My neighbours cat has been missing for over a week , she asked me yesterday if i had seen it , that is a black and white one but we live at richmond so no idea if it could be theres .

I hope someone takes it to be scanned at a vets as streetforce bin them and dont scan them.

Our black and white cat has been missing for months now, he is chipped also!

God am just up road a could have took it to vet,sory i didnt see this

I saw the cat on tuesday night at around 10:30pm, but couldnt really see the colour as it was dark.

On the sheffield council website it says 'All animals are taken to our Olive Grove Depot where pets are scanned to check for an ID Chip. If a chip is detected the owners will be contacted. The animals are kept in a refrigerated store and owners can call and collect them if they wish. Please note, all animals are collected by a local pet crematorium for disposal on a weekly basis, usually on Friday mornings'.

It's better to call the council than just go past the animal leaving it unreported. Not many people would pick up a dead animal from the road and take it to the vets to be scanned. Please don't leave these things unreported.

On the sheffield council website it says 'All animals are taken to our Olive Grove Depot where pets are scanned to check for an ID Chip. If a chip is detected the owners will be contacted. The animals are kept in a refrigerated store and owners can call and collect them if they wish. Please note, all animals are collected by a local pet crematorium for disposal on a weekly basis, usually on Friday mornings'.

Streetforce told us that when they collect a cat from a road that its only wrote down (not scanned) and then disposed off. My mum was ringing them weekly to see if our (still missing) cat had been picked up. They could only mention the cats colour and where found.

We found this really hard as we feel that our cat was stupid enough to have got in a car, so streetforce was no help at all.

Hi Hanksy,

I've emailed Streetforce today to ask what they do when they find say a dog or cat on the road. If they aren't doing what their website says I shall be taking it further. I'm awaiting their response.

Streetforce collected our microchipped cat when she was run over last year and didn't contact us to let us know, one of the neighbours told us she had been hit the night before and collected in the morning, we found out an hour or so too late. We were at home the whole time, so it's a shame nobody told us before calling the council, we could have buried her ourselves.