Cyclists with trailers at it again!! Ecclesall Road!

couldnt believe the idiot cyclist father tonight at rush hour all dolled up in his hi vis vest and tour de france spandex shorts towing TWO ...YES THATS TWO very young children in a flimsy plastic and alloy trailer and trying to cross 2 lanes of heavy traffic from collegiate cres to the side roads on the other side, almost going in front of a bus he hadnt seen in the bus lane coming from town! what an idiot.......and then further up a cyclist who thinks car drivers are mind readers, crosses in front of my car without any warning or signal just ......"oh this is where i need to turn right" , nearly had him off...what a plonker! yes i know this subject has been done before but really these guys need a reality check:rant:

I'll save us all some time:

Cyclists are bad!!:rant:

Cyclists are good!!:D

Some cyclists are bad and some are good.:|

Shall we consider the matter closed?!:hihi:

I'll save us all some time:

Cyclists are bad!!:rant:

Cyclists are good!!:D

Some cyclists are bad and some are good.:|

Shall we consider the matter closed?!:hihi:

Yes Mod's close this thread before the pro cyclist brigade get here. :D

you nuts there are better then car drivers any day

couldnt believe the idiot cyclist father tonight at rush hour all dolled up in his hi vis vest and tour de france spandex shorts towing TWO ...YES THATS TWO very young children in a flimsy plastic and alloy trailer and trying to cross 2 lanes of heavy traffic from collegiate cres to the side roads on the other side, almost going in front of a bus he hadnt seen in the bus lane coming from town! what an idiot.......and then further up a cyclist who thinks car drivers are mind readers, crosses in front of my car without any warning or signal just ......"oh this is where i need to turn right" , nearly had him off...what a plonker! yes i know this subject has been done before but really these guys need a reality check:rant:

I have one of those trailers, its only a 1-child one though. I've used it in Millhouses park and Endcliffe park recently; I'd never use it on the road.

I have one of those trailers, its only a 1-child one though. I've used it in Millhouses park and Endcliffe park recently; I'd never use it on the road.

at last a cyclist with sense, thats the the place for these trailers:cool:

Couldn't believe the idiot mum this afternoon on the school run.

All dolled up with her blond hair and texting on her iPhone in her BMW X5 4x4 with TWO ...YES THATS TWO very young children strapped into the back yelling their heads off and asking for food and drink and she tries to cross 2 lanes of heavy traffic to the side roads on the other side, almost going in front of a bus she hadnt seen in the bus lane coming from town! What an idiot...

...And then further up, a car driver who thinks cyclists are mind readers, pulls out in front of my bike without any warning or signal just ......"oh this is where I need to turn right", nearly had me off...what a plonker!

Yes, I know this subject has been done before but really these guys who drive two tonne lumps of metal around our roads like they own them and have right of way over pedestrians and cyclists really do need a reality check and need to read the Highway Code.

Couldn't believe the idiot mum this afternoon on the school run.

All dolled up with her blond hair and texting on her iPhone in her BMW X5 4x4 with TWO ...YES THATS TWO very young children strapped into the back yelling their heads off and asking for food and drink and she tries to cross 2 lanes of heavy traffic to the side roads on the other side, almost going in front of a bus she hadnt seen in the bus lane coming from town! What an idiot...

...And then further up, a car driver who thinks cyclists are mind readers, pulls out in front of my bike without any warning or signal just ......"oh this is where I need to turn right", nearly had me off...what a plonker!

Yes, I know this subject has been done before but really these guys who drive two tonne lumps of metal around our roads like they own them and have right of way over pedestrians and cyclists really do need a reality check and need to read the Highway Code.

hmmm just like your avatar your comparison is a little MAD? ....but i like your stereotyping:loopy:

hmmm just like your avatar your comparison is a little MAD? ....but i like your stereotyping:loopy:

I think you may have missed the point.

..... almost going in front of a bus he hadnt seen in the bus lane coming from town...

Is there a bus lane coming from town on Eccelsall Road at the junction with Collegiate Crescent? I've never seen one. I think there's one there going into town but there are always cars parked on both sides so there's never more than 1 lane of traffic in each direction unless a car's turning and cars zip alomg on the inside.

Anyway, as a cyclist I have some sympathy for once. The other day I was walking along Ecclesall Road and these 2 middle-class parents came past on bikes on the pavement followed by 2 small children also on bikes. So they're teaching their kids to cycle on the pavement. Brilliant. I've seen the same in middle class areas of London. Why can't they walk to the park and cycle round there? And as for Ecclesall Road, never cycle down it. It's always busy. There are quiet back streets.

I'm normally cynical of car drivers but I've just got back from France where I've seen cars (and motor bikes) driving on pavements, never stopping at zebras, treating traffic lights and speed signs as inconvenient optionals, etc, etc, and so British car drivers seem relatively serene at the moment. Normal hostility will be resumed soon.

I think you may have missed the point.

no i got the point thanks but that had nothing to do with todays "cyclist circus" not all cyclists are this stupid and not all car drivers are careful!

You should consider how onerous it is for a cyclist to face intimidation from HGVs and PSVs in an urban context.

all dolled up in his hi vis vest and tour de france spandex shorts

.what a plonker!

Your exaggerated language means your point is belittled.Leave your car and walk-you are exacerbating a congestion problem on the roads and cloffing up SF with daft comments.