Anybody got a recipe for the cheese pie we used to have at school?

Hello

i may be scoffed at by foodies for asking this question but, as the thread title suggests, is there a recipe out there for the type of cheese flan that used to bef served up for school dinners. it wasn't the texture of a quiche, it was kind of spongy and always used to come with a slice of tomato on top. I'm begging anybody who used to make this in a school kitchen to give me the recipe :). If you don't want it go public you can pm me! :hihi:.

Waiting in anticipation and many thanks in advance for any replies

Hi, i've no idea how this works, but i was wondering if you ever got the recipe you were looking for? Cos i've got it, I was looking on the internet, came across your question, then decided to look in my old recipe book where i thought i'd lost it from, but it was still there, so to cut a long story short, if you want it, then i'll get it to you somehow lol

It's the bannana custard and cornflake tart that i remember most :D

You can get Conflake Tart in the Dinnington Outdoor Market on a Saturday, but it is expensive.

Somebody who's mum worked at school years ago said there was smash in the cheese pie at school ???

I think this is going to bug me now. I remember we were taught this recipe also in home ec. I wrote it down as well in a nice little green book. It really is bugging me.

I just remember that it is really wobbly. It does taste cheesey. It can't have that much egg in it then if it is wobbly.

It's the lard that makes it tasty ! Now I get it. I found one here.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=21806641