How do i begin to write a book on my life?

ha ha di me and you should write a book together.omg the things that happened to us:hihi:start it with the first time you met mark,i can vouch folks it will be very interesting.

Edited by roughy101

roughy101.... who are you? well you must know that the book will be one rollercoaster ride if you knew me when i met mark ha ha ha ha crazy hairy, bless him x

You can start by narrating your happy unforgettable childhood memories. Narrate it in flash back style.

how do you mean john andrews? i cant really remember my childhood and especially happy ones, but i suppose any childhood memory good or bad is a memory isnt it?

Maybe start with why, or what it is that is making you feel you want to write about your life.

It was a dark and stormy day......

Try the writers group

It depends why you are writing it - is it for private reasons or do you plan on looking for it to be published? If it's more like a diary then you can write it however you want. If you want to get published then you probably need to follow a more specific format. Also, remember that biographies are sometimes only interesting to the person who wrote them so perhaps worth just keeping for yourself.

Ask yourself the following questions:

1. Did you have a childhood of unutterable misery?

2. Have you appeared on a reality TV programme?

3. Have you slept with someone famous like a Premiership footballer?

If the answer to any of these is yes, then under no circumstances should you write a book as there's enough of all this rubbish clogging up the shelves already. And if the answer to all of them is yes, doubly so (Jordan, if you're reading this, please take note...).

First, I would totally ignore all the fatuous comments on here that your very sensible question has engendered. Take them for what they are - mindless and not very funny.

Then, here's some positive advice:

Make a chronological list of all the events and issues that you consider to be significant. Dates wherever possible. Then, start writing in the first person. Just write without any particular theme in mind, but be sure to include feelings as well as substance. Remember, it's only a first draft. In between writing spells, look for context. What was going on around you at the time? The national and local newspapers on microfiche at the library in whatever city you grew up are a valuable source. Once you've prepared a first draft, let a couple of people, preferably ones with some literary experience, review it. Then, move on to the next draft. From there, you'll need to decide whether you want to publish it for public consumption and if so, you'll need to contact a publishing company. Hope this is of some help.

If you go into Waterstones in town, there are some books on how to write your life story.

Go upstairs, turn right at the top of the stairs and they were in the 'Language' or maybe 'English Language' section.

There were also books on how to get your book published - if that's what you're after.

The library also has books on writing (save a bit of the old 'hard earned'). Not as much choice though.

Good luck.

G

" I was born, at an early age . . ."

WOW......, thank you for the brilliant ideas, I do eventually want to have my book published, a lot of people have always said that i should write a book but never thought that the time was right then , but now the time does seem right... thank you all so much ..it all makes sence........., oh and metal man, 2 out oo 3 aint bad!!! x