LA Noire - A huge step forward in games

Well, I've finished the game after buying it three days ago; it has some fundamental flaws:

There is no replay value whatsoever.

Your reward for sitting through loads of trial and error puzzles? Nothing. No sandbox mode, no weapons or special missions, no opportunity to return and complete some of the calls for assistance. All you get is a rubbish cut scene.

If you go into the Cases screen at the main menu, you can play free roam on any of the desks, and that will let you answer the street crimes, search for landmarks and film reels, etc. But I agree, its good, but its nothing special.

I'm flattered that they've released it with DLC ready to go to market when they push the button. It means they've really thought this game out.

Those that want the DLC immediatley with the game are just greedy. How many CONSOLE games have you bought recently that came with THREE discs as standard.

One has to ask, how much more do you expect?

Most of the games that I have on 1 disc are longer than this. It is extremely short. I don't think there can be any denying about how short the game is. Having multiple discs doesn't impress me.

Most of the games that I have on 1 disc are longer than this. It is extremely short. I don't think there can be any denying about how short the game is. Having multiple discs doesn't impress me.

Maybe it's because I have a greater understanding on what's gone into this game. The biggest roaming map of any Rockstar release to date. Animated building detail and 32 HD motion detection camera's used to capture the slightest of facial movements. That sort of data wouldn't really fit on a single disc.

I'm flattered that they've released it with DLC ready to go to market when they push the button. It means they've really thought this game out.

Or that they've made the game and then cut bits out to sell separately.

Maybe it's because I have a greater understanding on what's gone into this game. The biggest roaming map of any Rockstar release to date. Animated building detail and 32 HD motion detection camera's used to capture the slightest of facial movements. That sort of data wouldn't really fit on a single disc.

I know exactly what's gone into the game. My point was that it is far too short, regardless of what else has gone into it. The difference between me and you is that you are seemingly happy that the actual main game play is so short because of what else has gone into it. You don't have to agree with me, but you understand where I am coming from?

Or that they've made the game and then cut bits out to sell separately.

Trying to squeeze every penny out of the consumer.

I've said before, the game is actually brilliant, but there just isn't enough of it initially. I find it quite disgusting that they have basically releseased half a game and left out some of it to sell seperately. It's certainly the future of gaming.

It wouldn't be so bad if after the success of LA Noire that they then released DLC further down the line to increase longevity.

I know exactly what's gone into the game. My point was that it is far too short, regardless of what else has gone into it. The difference between me and you is that you are seemingly happy that the actual main game play is so short because of what else has gone into it. You don't have to agree with me, but you understand where I am coming from?

I hear your opinion, that you wanted more, however I'm saying it's your expectations that are slightly over optomistic and as a result, are unfulfilled.

I'm saying how many console games have you bought recently that came on three discs and

I'm saying that these three discs are full to the brim, which is fact, not an opinion.

If one of the discs was only half full, then your opinion could be fact.

Yes, a very silly place imo.

I find it odd when people complain about a well structured game because it's a little short.

You wouldn't come out of a cinema and complain about being ripped off if a film was only 85 minutes long. You wouldn't complain that an album that only lasted 40 minutes was a rip off because Cds can hold 70ish.

What's better, a deep immersive story driven game that only lasts 5 1/2 hours, or a grind fest that makes you backtrack over previous levels and listen to the same tired dialogue coming from 10 different npcs and stretches it out to 12?

And another point about day 1 DLC: In the modern game industry things are very fractured, different teams within the developers will be working on different parts of the game and won't all finish at the same time. Is it so bad that a few of these idle teams work at making a few optional extras whilst the others are polishing the main game for release?

Also, you've gone a bit hyperbolic with your last post too, its hardly half a game is it?

Edited by flamingjimmy

I don't care how well the face moves, if their is no gameplay what's the point in buying the game. And by the sound of it, it has no replay what so ever. I expelot alot more from rockstar I can still play on vice city, San andreas, gta4 now and have alot of fun with them tbh this game sounds like a big let down to me especially seen as it's come from a giant like rockstar

I'm saying how many console games have you bought recently that came on three discs and

I'm saying that these three discs are full to the brim, which is fact, not an opinion.

Full to the brim of animation. The actual story is very short, far too easy, and there are comparatively few side missions; certainly in relation to Rockstar games such as GTA and Read Dead Redemption.

Of course I don't mean "half a game" literally, but I'm sure you knew that.

There really isn't much to do in the game, it's as simple as that really.

A game can have the best graphics in the world, with the biggest map ever made, but if there isn't much to do, you are going to get tired of it quick, or at least I would and have when it comes to this game.

Gameplay is the most important aspect of gaming.

I firmly believe that this DLC could have been in the actual game. These developers aren't daft, they know exactly what they are doing.

Will you have to pay extra for this DLC when it arrives? If you do then Rockstar are going to coin it in. They could release new cases forever in theory.

It sounds to me like a lot of people have paid around £40 for a couple of days of fancy game play.