LA Noire - A huge step forward in games

Well worth the several weeks wait while it goes through the slowest postage ever and customs. Why didn't you just rent it for a fiver, you can finish it in a weekend and it has little replay value once you've 100%'d it (which I nearly have).

I've got to agree with this. The game can be completed pretty quickly. Luckily I bought it quite cheap and traded it in for quite high so it wasn't much of a problem that I actually bought rather than rented, but it's made me think that in future, I will probably rent when it comes to single player games.

Sweet, which one?

Not allowed to say. Contractual obligations. Sorry, Im not a major character though.

Not allowed to say. Contractual obligations. Sorry, Im not a major character though.

You're not a character full stop. You are just a troll talking crap who will be outed at some point.

You're not a character full stop. You are just a troll talking crap who will be outed at some point.

Oh dear. What a fail.

I tend to post lengthy and detailed opinions on this forum, so maybe the lack of one in this instance may speak volumes.

This game is epic (and I've not really played it yet).

Please let this be the template for the next Grand Theft Auto, with biggest maps ever, near to real life facial animation and no differentiation between cut scene and actual gameplay.

I think it's more a technological showcase. I completed this in under 20 hours. 100% in 30 hours. It was too short, and too easy.

I'm looking forward to what will spawn from it though.

The fact that they already have DLC lined up for it narks me too.

Yeah, it is a bit rip off in terms of how long it is, they should have give us the full game in the first place instead of making us pay for DLC for what is such a short game. But I guess that is a sign of the times. I wont buy DLC.

Yeah, it is a bit rip off in terms of how long it is, they should have give us the full game in the first place instead of making us pay for DLC for what is such a short game. But I guess that is a sign of the times. I wont buy DLC.

I agree, this DLC trend started honestly, with DLC adding content to existing games, but now I feel like they are withholding content to wring more money out of us. Didn't Bioshock 2 have DLC at release date?

I agree, this DLC trend started honestly, with DLC adding content to existing games, but now I feel like they are withholding content to wring more money out of us. Didn't Bioshock 2 have DLC at release date?

Only titles that have had epic DLC worth every penny have been GTA4, Fallout 3, Oblivion and Mass Effect 1/2.

Only titles that have had epic DLC worth every penny have been GTA4, Fallout 3, Oblivion and Mass Effect 1/2.

It's all becoming about micro transactions. I'll wager in the next few years you will buy a game for half the price but can only get the full experience via micro transactions. It's one of the very clever ways the gaming industry as evolved to combat piracy. Unlike the music industry who just label all customers thieves.

Well, I've finished the game after buying it three days ago; it has some fundamental flaws:

Looking for clues is repetitive to the point of tedium.

Some people may enjoy games that require you to walk a character around in ever-increasing circles until the pad vibrates; for me the novelty wore quickly.

Some of the questioning makes no sense.

Some of the challenges performed on questions are blind guesses. One particular point in the game requires you to question two potential murderers, and charge one with the crime. The evidence does not warrant charging either of them, and I wanted to release both. However the game has other ideas, insisting I lock one up, and frustratingly later on in the story it turns out I was right: neither of them did it.

Identifying a liar is too easy.

When a character lies, all of a sudden they become possessed by Kenneth Williams from the Carry On films.

The game physics and graphics actually aren't that good.

The faces look great, but the character animations for walking and running are no better than any GTA game. Gunfighting and aiming is poor, and being able to skip the poorly executed action segment gives me the impression they were tacked-on rather than essential to the game. The driving sections feel really sluggish too, and while some parts of the game encourage you to drive through back alleys I quickly tired of having my car stopped dead in its tracks by a white-picket fence.

There is no replay value whatsoever.

Your reward for sitting through loads of trial and error puzzles? Nothing. No sandbox mode, no weapons or special missions, no opportunity to return and complete some of the calls for assistance. All you get is a rubbish cut scene.

Edited by Rushup

I'm flattered that they've released it with DLC ready to go to market when they push the button. It means they've really thought this game out.

Those that want the DLC immediatley with the game are just greedy. How many CONSOLE games have you bought recently that came with THREE discs as standard.

One has to ask, how much more do you expect?