LA Noire - A huge step forward in games

What's the website?

Doesn't want to share....

So whats difference between this and Mafia 2 for example?

well one wasn't very good.

Perhaps looking at the video review I posted might make this blindingly obvious.

It's Noire, not a gangster setting. You play as a cop, not the bad guy. It has criminal investigations and interrogations with emotional face tracking integral into telling if suspects are being truthful.

Well I dont have the liberty of watching the video right now, but will do tonight. Although the descriptions sounds good. What i ment was the fact as in open world type game, Mafia 2 was probabaly a bad comparison, maybe GTA4? I ment is open world type play.

Well I dont have the liberty of watching the video right now, but will do tonight. Although the descriptions sounds good. What i ment was the fact as in open world type game, Mafia 2 was probabaly a bad comparison, maybe GTA4? I ment is open world type play.

Fair doos. It's sort of open world, in that you can drive anywhere in the city, but as you're a cop you can't do mad stuff.

The mission system is very linear.

Looks interesting. Saw it advertised on Live. I like the idea and now you mention it the facial animation is very impressive.

this game looks really impressive. its the only game i have ever seen where the characters mouths move to the words propperly.

i hope GTA 5 (if there will be one) will look as good as this. cus if it will then we are in for a treat.

But does moving faces make this game as good as everyone expects?

From watching the clip the rest of the movements don't seems to have changed at all. The cars movements are average at best.

From watching the clip the rest of the movements don't seems to have changed at all. The cars movements are average at best.

its a big improvement though on a game. probs the first big game to be as realistic looking with the face and expressions.

only one ive seen anyway.

For various reasons the animations that relate to controllable movements will always be slightly off. If people in games moved exactly the same as real people the controls would suffer and most 3rd person games would be terrible. It's all about keeping motion animations interruptable I believe. For the cut scenes though there should be no excuse.