£200k, where would you buy?

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a house in sheffield, budget is probably up to about £200k. But I'm new in town, and I don't really know where's a good bet.

Where would be the best places to look with that budget?

I'm looking for a house, not an apartment, and I'd rather stay west. I really like it around Ecclesall Rd of course, but maybe that's not the best in terms of value for money.

Does anyone have any good tips on where to look that I might not have considered?

Thanks

depends what you want. £200k will get you a detached house in a decent area or an older semi in one of the very expensive areas, or a very expensive flat /terraced property. so much choice. you can also buy probably an entire street in some areas of sheffield and rent the rest out! :-)

you can also buy probably an entire street in some areas of sheffield and rent the rest out! :-)

love it!!!!!

How many beds are you looking at, do you need good schooling, want to be close to good transport links, need off-street parking etc etc. Let us know what the requirements are and I'm sure there will be plenty of recommendations for you.

Welcome to Sheffield by the way! :)

West Sheffield is great. Really depends on what amenities you are looking for and your situation. Hunters Bar is great for professionals but perhaps not so great with young families.

I have a castle on a hill. Huge gardens front and rear. Not overlooked at all and views over countryside. All for 153k

Hi all, probably looking for 3 beds, I also need a room big enough for a music room for teaching and rehearsing, but classical so noise isn't too bad. Transport links are important, I frequently work in manchester, Leeds, York, and could do with being handy for the train station. Not that I'm picky or anything ;)

Thanks!

Hi all, probably looking for 3 beds, I also need a room big enough for a music room for teaching and rehearsing, but classical so noise isn't too bad. Transport links are important, I frequently work in manchester, Leeds, York, and could do with being handy for the train station. Not that I'm picky or anything ;)

Thanks!

granville road is nice and the surrounding streets near to sheffield train station 10 min walk into town centre

Have a look at properties in Hillsborough, you'll get a lot more for your money.

You've got the tram for the brilliant transport links which will get you to the station in around 15 mins so you wont have to worry about leaving the car somewhere. Also ideal for driving to Manchester (snake pass), and north to the M1 to Leeds & York without having to fight around the ring road first.

We moved there last year from the west of the city and it was the best move we've made.

if it were me i would buy just on the edge of sheffield - small house in hathersage - then you have sheffield on your doorstep as well as the peak district national park out of your back door!