£200k, where would you buy?

i second hillsborough for value for money and transport links - roads out of Sheffield to m1 and Manchester, and tram for the railway station. also a good supply of 3 bed houses and a nice community feel. for other parts with good transport links what about dore or millhouses - close to dore station.

I think with 200k you could buy in a nicer area than hillsborough in my opinion.

I think moving up the hill to crookes/crosspool you would be in a nicer area.

Netheredge (S7) is nice and much of it in walking distance to Hunters Bar.

There are also some large terraces in the area kind of behind Eccy Road (Wayland Road area and roads off Psalter Lane). Sharrow is a great area, though not for the nervous. Also nice terraces leading off Rustlings Road - Ranby, Peveril, Onslow etc. Best terraces in the area are on Stainton Road (all S11). Further up the hill some very large terraces around Glenlamond/Strathtay Road (S11). These are all fairly expensive areas (except maybe Sharrow) but within your budget. However, the further you go away from the South West of Sheffield the more you will get for your money.

I think with 200k you could buy in a nicer area than hillsborough in my opinion.

I think moving up the hill to crookes/crosspool you would be in a nicer area.

yes but you wouldn't have as good transport links

Crookes has the most frequent bus running in the whole of Sheffield LOL

Personally I'd avoid Ecclesall Road as although it is very cosmopolitan that means the area with its large amount of restaurants, bars , coffee shops is noisy at night and parking is horrendous.

Crookes is similar to Ecclesall Rd but no where near as bad with some very nice larger properties.

Nether Edge used to be nice but just reading the threads on here sounds to me as though it has gone down quite a bit.

Woodseats has good transport, some going past the rail station, now most people on here think Woodseats is all small terraced houses but some roads have large semi's like this, its been on a while so you could offer less than asking price.

http://www.stavesestateagents.co.uk/buy/Listing/Semi_Detached/186.html

Hope Valley is very nice and Bamford has the train links you'd need, but I'm guessing that it may be a step too far for your music teaching needs and a trek for your pupils from Sheffield.

South of Sheffield is nice but houses cost a bit more than the North side, the new areas of Mosborough , Westfield ,Owlthorpe have nice large detached properties at reasonable prices, and the tram.

Edited by DumDom

Agree with South East,Mosboro,Beighton and southall,tramlines to Sheff,spitting distance from M1 and in the middle of Sheff,Chesterfield,Rotherham,Worksop and 15 mins from Donny.