£10.05 to call dhss On a single call

I Lent my phone to someone who phoned up the dhss on the help line. I was shocked to find the 5 min called racked up an amazing £10.05 for the call. Now I'm working and I can afford the price of the call and the person said she will pay for the call. But this line is dedicated for people on benefits with little or no money and to fleece them with a call cost like this is crackers. That call is equal to about 1/5 of a weekly benefit.

the job centre will arrange a time to call you back when you make a claim to go through your application as it takes a long time. i can only assume if this conversation was to be lengthy the person you lent your phone too could have requested a call back.

the job centre will arrange a time to call you back when you make a claim to go through your application as it takes a long time. i can only assume if this conversation was to be lengthy the person you lent your phone too could have requested a call back.

I have someone who often comes to borrow my land line as calling them from a mobile is so expensive and he asks for call back but it just depends who answers as some of them say "ooh no we're not allowed to do that!" but then others do it no problem.

Another thing is you start getting charged before anyone even answers your call because a recorded message comes on first or often you're left in a call que which again because of the recorded message your charged for.It really is ridiculous.The guy who uses my phone has epilepsy and he's constantly having to ring them as they are always failing to give him the benefit on time if at all.The system is absolutely rubbish from what I've seen.:rant:

I was once talking my g/f on the phone. I didn't know I'd gone over the limit for my plan. The call cost 27.00 and the total months bill was 180.00, blimey love must blind you!

I Lent my phone to someone who phoned up the dhss on the help line. I was shocked to find the 5 min called racked up an amazing £10.05 for the call. Now I'm working and I can afford the price of the call and the person said she will pay for the call. But this line is dedicated for people on benefits with little or no money and to fleece them with a call cost like this is crackers. That call is equal to about 1/5 of a weekly benefit.

Mad, irony hey its bloody mad.

That'll be the cost of calling back through time, seeing as the DHSS hasn't existed for 20 years or more!

More seriously, assuming your friend was calling the DWP, calls to their helplines are free from landlines and and have been free from a lot of mobiles since last year (when DWP announced an arrangement with a number of mobile providers). You must be on one of the providers who didn't sign up to the DWP scheme.

That'll be the cost of calling back through time, seeing as the DHSS hasn't existed for 20 years or more!

More seriously, assuming your friend was calling the DWP, calls to their helplines are free from landlines and and have been free from a lot of mobiles since last year (when DWP announced an arrangement with a number of mobile providers). You must be on one of the providers who didn't sign up to the DWP scheme.

I think its only the new claims and crisis loan numbers that are free and all the others are 0845 numbers so charged at local rate from a landline???? I could be wrong