Youth cup semi final JUST HOURS AWAY

Also- it does look like we have a generation of dwarfs coming through to the ranks, apart from slew and maguire i doubt any of them were over 6foot?

Especially the lad who came on at right wing, he made Jamie Ward look a giant.

i disagree i thought united held there own

They did hold their own, they were brilliant, i could just see more skill from them at certain moments, i still think man utd will win on monday, hope im wrong!

If anyone wants to see the goals here you go, first one for the Blades was a belter, second one a deflection but as the commentator says if you don't have the confidence to take the shots you might not get the deflections (sums up our current bunch of strikers!!);

http://redflagflyinghigh.com/2011/05/well-never-die/video-goals-united-draw-2-2-against-sheffield-united-fa-youth-cup-final?

Give me a shout over the weekend corks- I think im gonna go to old trafford on monday so we can have a beer if ya want :)

I will do m8 looking forward to it.

If anyone wants to see the goals here you go, first one for the Blades was a belter, second one a deflection but as the commentator says if you don't have the confidence to take the shots you might not get the deflections (sums up our current bunch of strikers!!);

http://redflagflyinghigh.com/2011/05/well-never-die/video-goals-united-draw-2-2-against-sheffield-united-fa-youth-cup-final?

Good to see the goals again, thanks Stockers, still not sure what happened for the first goal??

Especially the lad who came on at right wing, he made Jamie Ward look a giant.

Was that Wilkinson ? a Geary look a like:hihi:

Did well when he came on and saw plenty of the ball, one error could have proved costly in the final minutes but did well overall.

My son referees junior matches at the United academy and he reckons Jordan Slew's younger brother will be even better than he is.

My son referees junior matches at the United academy and he reckons Jordan Slew's younger brother will be even better than he is.

A lot of time, money and effort has been invested in the Academy, nice to see a few more players coming through the ranks.

You've gotta hand it to them though, we've got some of the best young players in the region, i don't know the backgrounds of any of em but i get the impression they're all local or pretty local lads. Man U have scoured the World for the best players and we put up a great performance by all accounts and we're all down about relegation but these lads really are a shining light for a lot of fans and we can see a bright future if these lads are dealt with in the correct manner.

Well done Neil Warnock, Ron Reid, Kevin Blackwell, Kevin McCabe, John Pemberton and probably loads of other staff who have shown commitment to the Academy over the years.

A lot of time, money and effort has been invested in the Academy, nice to see a few more players coming through the ranks.

You've gotta hand it to them though, we've got some of the best young players in the region, i don't know the backgrounds of any of em but i get the impression they're all local or pretty local lads. Man U have scoured the World for the best players and we put up a great performance by all accounts and we're all down about relegation but these lads really are a shining light for a lot of fans and we can see a bright future if these lads are dealt with in the correct manner.

Well done Neil Warnock, Ron Reid, Kevin Blackwell, Kevin McCabe, John Pemberton and probably loads of other staff who have shown commitment to the Academy over the years.

My first reaction to this was 'shame about the first team'. But after thinking about it, kudos to United for developing local lads to this stage. Just gotta keep em now.

My first reaction to this was 'shame about the first team'. But after thinking about it, kudos to United for developing local lads to this stage. Just gotta keep em now.

Well that has been the thoughts of a lot of fans, concentrate on the matter in hand and all that which has been neglected for a few seasons now. However the Academy has been up and running a number of years so its good to see players coming through, Monty, Jags and Tonge were all before the official Academy opened however the two Kyles came through the Academy and were sold onto the highest bidder so i think a lot of fans are treading with caution.

Lets see what the future brings but i recall McCabe saying the Sheffield United Academy is there to develop players and it doesn't mean if that means for them to play in the first team or to be sold on to make money for the club.

Where has the £11m from the 2 Kyles gone to? I appreciate we don't get a lump sum overnight but all we hear from McCabe is how much he's put into the club, what about how much he's taken out?

Wether it be called the academy or youth team United have now had plenty of good players from there.

Nick Montgomery came through our youth system.

Kevin Davies is a Blades reject.

Edited by alex3659

Good to see the goals again, thanks Stockers, still not sure what happened for the first goal??

Makes me laugh when the commentator refers to Man Utd and he just keeps saying 'United'...There's 2 Uniteds on that pitch you donut! The Man Utd school of thinking!!!