What Was Your Favourite Spice As A Kid

Sugar coated fishies and those packets of cigarette sweets, imagine selling those cigarette sweets now :o

liquorice n kayli dips

I loved highland toffee and licorice wood and imps oh and that chocolate that was a triple chocolate white milk and plain all in one bar can't remember what it was called.

used to buy a strawberry split ice cream from the " cafe " at gleadless town end and cycle like mad to our house at basegreen before it melted . What was the cafe really called , it is the shop next to the petrol station ?

The other kind of liquorice, hard and black sticks.

those pink and white coconut flakes mmmmmmm and cream soda flavor sherbert

Marry me Quick served from the long coiled toffee which had to be broken up by a little hammer

Rainbow crystals. Barley sugar sticks, frozen Jubblys.little 1d ice lollies.

Mivvies, after eating wood. Little diamonds, I think, very liquorish.

Used to love Buttersnap.

I was a youngster in the '30s when money for people was tight. I seem to recall I received one penny a week and divided it into two for two lots of sweets so a lot of the choice was spent drooling over what was on offer in those jars the cost of the sweets being two old pence a quarter of a pound and it had to be something which would last not something which tasted nice but had gone in the twinkling of an eye. Those coloured crystals were great except your friends insisted on wetting their finger and having a poke to see how many colours they got. Happy days