Sheffield city centre security

The Return Of Security In Sheffield Town Centre, what are your views on us returning!!!! please reply

never new you were there in the first place, whats the security for?

Security & ambassadors...whatever are we paying the police for?

Security & ambassadors...whatever are we paying the police for?

To do real policing,freeing them up to deal with real crime.

The Return Of Security In Sheffield Town Centre, what are your views on us returning!!!! please reply

Only security i knew of was on the peace gardens.

Sorry to say this but it shouldn't be the Councils job to police the area and provide security.

Really glad someone has brought this up.

1. The security people provided a visible presence in the area at night.

2. The Police are otherwise engaged, no point saying "what are the Police for?" They are NEVER there to deter, they react and by that time the damage is done.

3. Sheffield was the safest city in the UK at night, no longer the case.

4. What makes me qualified to say all this? I live and work in the City Centre, the decision makers e.g. the Councilors and their employees do not.

5. I remember the days of the winos and tramps infesting the City Centre, they are returning.

6. Sheffield, where the council know the price of everything and the value of very little.

Really glad someone has brought this up.

3. Sheffield was the safest city in the UK at night, no longer the case.

Has the crime rate risen since they have been disbanded, and what sources can you supply to back that up?

There is alot of confusion around the role of "City Centre Security".

The security company that were employed by the council provided security guards for the Public Realm sites such as the Peace Gardens,Barkers Pool and Sheaf Sq.

Their role was primarily to protect the infrastructure of these sites and to provide a uniformed presence to help create a safe area for people to enjoy.

They were not a roaming City Centre Security service and did not work outside these areas.They did on many occasions get invovled in assisting the police with incidents and have helped many people who were in trouble,however that was never their primary function.

I think the Labour council will cost us all a lot more money come next year.