Sheffield on Twitter

Hi Sheff Forum - which are the best Twitter users to follow for Sheffield news and chat?

:huh:

Cheers

You can follow me if you want, add RichFromSheff :D

Can follow us if you like. Loads of discounted deals in Sheffield. Got a brilliant canvas one on our site at the moment!

@sheffielddeals

Won't name any individuals, but local businesses and organisations are a starting point.

Also, try using hashtags like #sheffield, as well as the saved searches facility. Sheffield is certainly one of my saved searches.

I'm a bit of a twitterer these day's, it's actually pretty good once you get into it...

Won't name any individuals, but local businesses and organisations are a starting point.

Also, try using hashtags like #sheffield, as well as the saved searches facility. Sheffield is certainly one of my saved searches.

THIS is a great tip. If you use a third party app like tweetdeck, it will save it in own column.

These are some great local twitter accts.

@rutlandarms

@sheffieldblog

@shtelegraph

@sheffieldtap

@tramlines

Also, if youre just going to be a 'local' twitter feed, try connecting to shops, bars and restaurants in the area to see if theyre on twitter. Follow them and re-tweet their messages to your followers. Hopefully theyll click on the follow button as well.

THIS is a great tip. If you use a third party app like tweetdeck, it will save it in own column.

These are some great local twitter accts.

@rutlandarms

@sheffieldblog

@shtelegraph

@sheffieldtap

@tramlines

Also, if youre just going to be a 'local' twitter feed, try connecting to shops, bars and restaurants in the area to see if theyre on twitter. Follow them and re-tweet their messages to your followers. Hopefully theyll click on the follow button as well.

With the Rutland Arms & Sheffield Tap, just mention them in one of your tweets when you are down the pub and if it's positive they are fairly certain to RT and maybe even follow you as well.

Tweeting about beer when I'm down the pub has become something of a stock in trade for me.

Wednesday and United are also good subjects for local twittering, especially with the #swfc and #sufc hashtags, although I'm convinced that any tweeting I do about football during a match will jinx my team.

I'm a bit of a twitterer these day's, it's actually pretty good once you get into it...

Just how does one do that..:) my friend and i have joined Twitter, (we're elderly ladies) and we've been on about half a dozen times, still dont understand it..:rolleyes::huh:

What is it for? or are we too old to go on there?..why do you "follow" people..more to the point how do you follow people..:hihi:

My friends a regular on Second Life, she fully understands it, but like me hasent a clue on Twitter...:(

Just how does one do that..:) my friend and i have joined Twitter, (we're elderly ladies) and we've been on about half a dozen times, still dont understand it..:rolleyes::huh:

What is it for? or are we too old to go on there?..why do you "follow" people..more to the point how do you follow people..:hihi:

My friends a regular on Second Life, she fully understands it, but like me hasent a clue on Twitter...:(

You basiclly follow people/business's etc etc to get all the latest gossip/news/offers etc etc.

Also you can have a chat with some famous people, i was talking to Clinton Morrison last night about the relegation race in the premiership for a good hour.

Just type in the search bar who you like to follow and if they have an official page there will be "Twitter tick" proving the person is who it says it is unlike facebook which has about 4500 david beckhams lolol...