Help needed: Where should I go to in Bulgaria?

Hi every im hoping you can help me i am planning on taking my 11 year son to bulgari in september the problem is i have never been there before and i was hoping if any one can give me swome ideas as were to go were is nice and child friendly . My son has adhd so as you can imagine hev is very hyper and easily gets bored so some where very chid friendly would be a great help thanks!! :)

which part of bulgaria will you be ?

im also in bulgaria in september stopping in sunny beach:)

i havnt decided yet not booked it i been looking on internet for some ideas as were to go

We have been going to Bulgaria for a few years as we have our own apartment out there. Don't go late September as it will be starting to close down. Sunny Beach has lots to do and there are several waterparks to visit. The parks own bus in free but I don't think admission is cheap. The further away from Bourgas airport you get the quieter it gets. We are in St Vlas which is quite traditional and Elenite, next place on is even quieter. Nessebar is nice but I haven't really exploered it yet so can't really comment.

thank you i will keep that bin mind i was hoping to go mid september will they still be plenty open or am i leaving it too late

You should be okay in Sunny beach. We go to Vlas the first two weeks in September and the second week the shops start to close down at night although they are open during the day. It never bothers us as we go out for food and drink at night not shopping. There aren't as many people around but July and August is crazy.

I agree, Sunny Beach is probably the best option. My Husband is Bulgarian so we have visited many areas through the years. It is busy during July and Aug but is the best time weather wise. Bulgarian weather can be very changable during September. Plenty to do in Sunny Beach and very kid friendly. Hope you enjoy your holiday

Hi every im hoping you can help me i am planning on taking my 11 year son to bulgari in september the problem is i have never been there before and i was hoping if any one can give me swome ideas as were to go were is nice and child friendly . My son has adhd so as you can imagine hev is very hyper and easily gets bored so some where very chid friendly would be a great help thanks!! :)

Sunny Beach is Fantastic been quite a few times loads to see and food is great.

But please read the coments on your hotel as once your there its hard to change hotels but i must say not stopped in a bad 1 yet.

first went when my son was 6months old they love children now eight been another 3 times.

always went end of may but beware it gets HOT.

Super markets are cheap every day stuff water,wine,snacks its abig place think you will enjoy it we did.

I agree, Sunny Beach is probably the best option. My Husband is Bulgarian so we have visited many areas through the years. It is busy during July and Aug but is the best time weather wise. Bulgarian weather can be very changable during September. Plenty to do in Sunny Beach and very kid friendly. Hope you enjoy your holiday

It depends what you mean on best time weatherwise. Personally I find July and August far too hot to be out and about all day. My husband can stand it much hotter than me and can lie out in the sun but even he has to come inside or in some shade for two or three hours in the middle of the day during July and August.

I have been watching the weather and webcam daily for the last few weeks and its been quite warm. Its already 18-21 degrees during the day.

Weather is more changable in June, specially in Sunny beach and Vlas as the moist sea air rises over the mountain which can turn to rain. This doesn't happen a bit further inland. September isn't so bad but it can be cool after about 9pm.

Just wondering if anyone has been to sunny beach, bulgaria this year as i`m wanting to know what the exchange rate is over there. You`re getting about 2.04 levs to the pound here.

you will get better rate over there. the best place is in st vlas. dont change with russians the money is fake

Yes I agree its hot in July and Aug and that dosent suit everyone but I personally preferred that to the 11 days of rain we had when we last visited in September . I know that you cant guarentee the weather but it just put me off returning for my main holiday in September again , would go for a short break to the inlaws maybe but not for a main holiday.