How can i get more work?

hi im a kitchen fitter and been so for the last 10 year. i have loads of work from word of mouth but it getting less n less whats else could i do ?

hi im a kitchen fitter and been so for the last 10 year. i have loads of work from word of mouth but it getting less n less whats else could i do ?

Intros from mortgage advisers comes to mind.

As you already do kitchens what about the furnishings to go with them. Blinds or curtains, co-ordinated Morphy Richards appliances (SY company). Cutlery, pans, tables and tablewear.

People get loans for the fitted kitchens but not the accessories. You could also look at financing options.

You might want to contact local architects and builders as well.

it not easey at all is it.. the work must start coming in again surley

It may or may not. It is always a challenge in your line of work. when you're working you're not able to find your next customer (and I bet you're not even thinking about it either?).

If you have a website, then that is a good start. What you now need to do is drive traffic to it. To save me writing pages of stuff on how to do this, go and buy "SEO for Dummies" and do what it tells you to do...it will be the best £30 you will ever spend.

it not easey at all is it.. the work must start coming in again surley

Here's the problem.

You have to be pulling work IN not waiting around for it to come to you.

In any business, you have to market yourself to customers,

How do they know you're there?

Are you doing enough to advertise?

If I decided I wanted a kitchen fitting, where would I find you?

Are there other areas you could expand into which have a more stable demand?

The internet is an amazing tool, there is SO much marketing potential available for little or no cost that it's silly not to use it to its full potential.

Here's the problem.

Are there other areas you could expand into which have a more stable demand?

The internet is an amazing tool, there is SO much marketing potential available for little or no cost that it's silly not to use it to its full potential.

how would i do this? i have just been told about sheffield fourm and that what im trying to do.. what eles could i do ?

how would i do this? i have just been told about sheffield fourm and that what im trying to do.. what eles could i do ?

Social networking,its like free advertising,use facebook,twitter ect,get a page up.....add a signature to your profile on here,stick in what you do,add a contact number,also respond to ads on here,even if its small jobs,again its like a free ad.,even if your not that interested in the job advertised,offer your services

Get a domain registered and then set-up a simple website. A couple of pages to start off with including pictures, quotes from satisfied customers and your contact details. Then get it optimised for search engines and start putting yourself about on Faebook and Twitter (at least) with links to the site.

Fel free to PM me if you want some more information.

Have you registered yet as a Free Listing on Sheffield Forums Business directory.

It may take them a while to approve your listing though but you can do a second listing for other parts of South Yorkshire

Also advertise on local notice boards in Shopping Centres and Shops etc

You could contact local kitchen retailers as many of these sorts of companies are wanting sub-contractors as opposed to their own employees in these uncertain times.

Best Wishes

Samantha