Trick or treat-ers - how many d'ya get?

theres loads around our area (Hillsborough), i stayed at my boyf's house last nite and we got an egg thrown at our window!!!

The little buggers lol.... :hihi:

Diddly-squat. The joys of being in a third floor flat. It's open access so the 3 flights of stairs must have put people off. It's a shame as I wanted to hand out grapes and see what the reaction would be.

got none at all but did turn all the lights off and bugger off down to the pub so that might have something to do with it.

but on the same note big gang of kids chucking flower bombs about(the white stuff not as in lillys/tulips ect) out side the spar and kfc also was noticable that some poor persons cars were covered in it question is where were the police after all they were blocking shops and suppose were classed as a public pain in the a*se.

mind you would not want to be in the girls shoes whos mates covered her in flower when she got home :clap:

Originally posted by t020

First of all I'd question whether Sharrow or Nether Edge was ACTUALLY statistically predominantly Muslim.

Secondly, I'd like to highlight the fact that you seem happy to accept (or at least by implication) that Muslims make no attempt to integrate into Western traditions and culture.

no, to20, i'm NOT saying anything about integration.

It has nothing to do with integration or not.

And anyway, "trick or treating" is just a tradition that's crossed the atlantic from America. We never went trick or treating, as kids, it's only really hit the UK in any major way over the last 15/ 20 years.

Even my son, who is soon to turn 25, didn't trick or treat, when he was young.

What I'm happy about is not getting pestered, and having my door knocked on till late in the evening. It's a real hassle, when you're bad on your feet, to be traipsing back and forth every couple of minutes to answer the doorbell, as was the case in one area I used to live in. (and no, i'm not a killjoy, I'm just stating the blindingly obvious, and the practical)

The Muslim folk around here, because of their religion, tend not to have truck with "things connected with wichcraft", which is perfectly their right to do so. (I'm not getting into a debate about the rights or wrongs or philosphies of any faith here.)

I don't mind my next door neighbour's little girl calling round. That's not a problem, and I did buy a container od sweets to hand out, should any t-o-t's come to my door.

What I object to is the implied threat from the older youths, that, if we don't come up with the goodies, then we will suffer the consequences, which a lot of folk feel is simply a "legalised" form of "demanding with menaces". (i know it's not anything like as much fun for the elderly, feeling threatened, )

P Not a killjoy, really" T

Originally posted by t020

First of all I'd question whether Sharrow or Nether Edge was ACTUALLY statistically predominantly Muslim.

Secondly, I'd like to highlight the fact that you seem happy to accept (or at least by implication) that Muslims make no attempt to integrate into Western traditions and culture.

You forgot to tell us, were there any tricks played in Ecclesall?

Mischief night on Friday folks! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by GabbleRatcht

Hmmm, will put that to my asian friends of many years. Pretty sure the answer will be that they didn't take part in Halloween.

A problem lies with people like you who seem to think that 'Integration' is the be all and end all. And indead it is. But this is idealistic.

A nice start is understanding and tolerance.

There is no point getting on your high horse and slagging people who simply point out that, as they live in an area with a high asian population, they had few trick or treaters.

They did not imply that the muslim population make no attempt to integrate. They simply pointed out that, in an area where many Muslims live, they had one trick or treater.

I wasn't slagging anyone off, merely pointing something out, which it seems you agree with anyway. :confused:

2 knocks on the door, two knocks ignored.

after having two years of buying sweats and getting no one come round (although we still got egged!) didn't bother.

didn't get egged this year. bit of a shock.

My daughter was all ready for them. She had bought some chocs to hand out and had me ready to go to the door to scare the stuffing out of the little - and not so little - blighters, and not a one arrived. Well - my mates girlfriend turned up to visit but I was mean and hid the chocolates (in my stomach hahahah!).

Next year I shall not worry about them. You watch ...

Dragon

I was pleasantly surprised this year- one group of 8 came round - all little kids in full costume. They were really sweet!

I think trick or treating is great, but I hate it when you get teenagers in a cheap mask knocking on your door and expecting money. I don't know, kids today...

(she says, aged 22!)

I got no trick or treaters this year but I did leave our outside light turned off and closed the curtains - well, didn't really want to share all the chocs anyway!

Had great fun watching Nightmare on Elm Street on dvd and eating chocs.

Originally posted by Plain Talker

Ahhh, the bliss of living in a predominantly Muslim area ! :D

PT

If I lived in an area like that, I would FORGET pumpkins.

I would hollow out a pigs head, and stick that in the window. :thumbsup:

<<<<<<<<<Just a matter of time :hihi: