The IKEA in Sheffield thread

If I recall correctltly (it's been a while!) they had scads of disabled spots very near the entrance. Might be 75 yards from the entrance to the lift and another 100 yards or so from lifts to food queue.

Those meatballs are worth it though.

The hot dogs and fish and chips look lovely online on photos 

Prices look cheap too

If you cba join Ikea family (it's free) before hand and print out a ticket (in-store)  to get the family cheap food and free coffee.

I'm a fan of the Apple cake!

The breakfasts come recommended for £2

Don't forget to buy sandwich bags, tea lights and tea spoons :)

2 hours ago, darylslinn said:

Daim Cake !!!!

Darylslinn -- I forgot about Daim Cake. How could I forget about Daim Cake?

Yum, Daim Cake!

When I join ikea family do I show them my phone in store in cafe ?

I’ve read it can get busy lunchtimes at cafe is mid afternoon better in week ?

21 hours ago, Stranza said:

Don't forget to buy sandwich bags, tea lights and tea spoons :)

given that all sane people accept we use and waste far too much plastic and there is no need for me to explain that and being curious about the Ikea sandwich bags I looked them up.   They are apparently resealable reusable and recyclable which is bette than most but still plastic.

On  a side note one description of them stated that  "the colours are fun"....    One could almost envy people who are so simple and or disturbed that they find different coloured plastic bags to be   "fun"  .     On reflection maybe we should envy them ....their lives must be much more simple.

Are the disabled spaces undercover in the carpark ? Is it free to park ?

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 09:36, Holiday1166 said:

I’m registered disabledwalk with stick and I’m coming to northern general hospital for check up next Tuesday I thought I may call at the ikea cafe on the way as coming up M1 do you have to walk around the big store to get to the cafe ?  Thankyou for your help 

The marked and covered disabled bays give easy access to the 1st floor snack café (hot dogs etc.)and food shop -lift from EXIT area or from ENTRANCE, ONE escalator and left

Or to the 2nd floor restaurant café (meals)-from ENTRANCE area and TWO escalators and left.

Many thanks Annie I will park in disabled space and get lift to floor 2 for full English breakfast 

The sandwich bags are pretty indestructible. Can't day I have actually enjoyed the colours but they come in a useful range of sizes, colour coded so it is handy.