The IKEA in Sheffield thread

Agreed. Found the layout confusing and ended up walking out. Happy with Nottingham and it's not far away and all on sane level

Do you live in a bungalow? :P

Edit - I've been twice, once for a walk through, took about 45 mins, and once to get a light fitting I liked on the first visit. I asked for directions to lighting, got there a few minutes later, 5 mins at the checkout and as it was closing time on Sunday 5 mins getting out of the car park. 15 mins total and the new light fitting is already up in my living room.

Edit - I've been twice, once for a walk through, took about 45 mins, and once to get a light fitting I liked on the first visit. I asked for directions to lighting, got there a few minutes later, 5 mins at the checkout and as it was closing time on Sunday 5 mins getting out of the car park. 15 mins total and the new light fitting is already up in my living room.

What has a bungalow got to do with anything? Many people have said the same about the place

---------- Post added 11-10-2017 at 15:20 ----------

Really ? I'm sure I drove past some when I went on Saturday... :huh:

I had a quick drive round but could find any, not saying there isn't but more of where are they located? However did see a excessive amount of unused disabled parking spaces

---------- Post added 11-10-2017 at 15:23 ----------

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/customer-service/faq/ikea-store-faq/

Well if you spend 17 minutes counting 23 people asking where the exit is, it's understandable that you may miss other things.

(FAQ 2)

Was looking round quite and more able to multi task so not just dedicated time to counting so no reason to miss anything

Went yesterday at around 1pm, was turned away due to the car park been full. Went back at 5pm and it was still busy but managed to get a parking spot after about 5 mins of driving around. Don’t know what else to say really, it’s an Ikea store, what you see is what you get. Did see a new sofa I’d like, ended up buying a new chest of drawers. Was tempted to buy a hotdog from the cafe but it was rammed. Hope it does well, as an Ikea store has been long overdue.

I’m not convinced the road “improvements”will suffice, though. Yesterday it was very busy, Christmas will be fun... Two lanes from the M1 towards the city with Meadowhall, Ikea, the retail park and Fly DSA Arena make this area a choke point.

Well, there's a day out for you!!

I'm sure the novelty will wear off. And it's handy for Carbrook tram stop. If you can get a sofa onto the tram.

:hihi: 15 mins total and the new light fitting is already up in my living room. Now now Cyclone it should be our living room if youre married or are you having us on as well as yourself :hihi:

Well, there's a day out for you!!

I'm sure the novelty will wear off. And it's handy for Carbrook tram stop. If you can get a sofa onto the tram.

That sofa will not fit a medium small car either.

Ikea isn't my kind of place, but I went there today to see if the furniture had improved from my last visit about seven years ago. It hasn't. And its still not my kind of place. I shall spend the remainder of the night trying to erase that wasted time from my memory.

:hihi: 15 mins total and the new light fitting is already up in my living room. Now now Cyclone it should be our living room if youre married or are you having us on as well as yourself :hihi:

Perhaps I just have more rooms than you do... :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 12-10-2017 at 08:52 ----------

What has a bungalow got to do with anything? Many people have said the same about the place

Well, the shop is split over 2 floors and this has caused you some problem.

So I was driving at whether you have 2 floors in your home and whether this confuses you as to where the exit is, or where you can find the teaspoons...

Mod Message:

After having a bit of a trawl through this thread, which dates back to 2004 (a very long time ago), and having well in excess of 3k posts, we think it's just about become redundant, as a huge amount of posts in this thread are either redundant, irrelevant or just plain wrong.

Who the heck is interested in trawling back to 2004 and actually reading the posts?

Therefore, I'm going to close this thread. Not delete it, just close it to further posts.

This doesn't mean members can't post about Ikea. You are very welcome to start a new Ikea thread which will be more relevant here in 2017, now the store is actually open,up and running.

Thanks

Pete

I’m registered disabledwalk with stick and I’m coming to northern general hospital for check up next Tuesday I thought I may call at the ikea cafe on the way as coming up M1 do you have to walk around the big store to get to the cafe ?  Thankyou for your help 

The cafe is at the start so as soon as you go up the escalator it's left. The only walk would be from car to entrance.

Many thanks for your reply 

I have blue badge so disabled spaces maybe close to entrance ?