The IKEA in Sheffield thread

I love how the terrified anti-car council are issuing statements along the lines of:<...>
Credit to the Council where it is due, their dire predictions of traffic gridlock and warnings must have worked: it was positively deserted around there tonight! :hihi:

It's an amazing store ... the thing is, these people,who are saying it's bland just doesn't any imagination as to,how you can dress it up to make it look only more stylish, but individual too.

Great store for affordable furnish.

It's an amazing store ... the thing is, these people,who are saying it's bland just doesn't any imagination as to,how you can dress it up to make it look only more stylish, but individual too.

Great store for affordable furnish.

A few of my workmates went today and they loved it, hopefully I'll be there this weekend, furniture and meatballs.

Totally agree, it's a shopping experience as well as a way to shop....

. . .

So if people are not bothered about the thought of and Ikea in Sheffield and the ethos of what they have to offer then why bother commenting or belittling those who do care about the products this shop sells ?

ikea is a cult, like those othe trendy foreign tax-dodgers apple.

I just thought you’d like to know I’ve never set foot in ikea so I obviously don’t know what I’m missing :roll:

I have set foot in apple store. Not through choice though, and if I had my way I’d never do so again.

Lousy hipsters :rant:

It was on the Star's website earlier. I cannot seem to find it now - either overlooked or been updated. Personally, it's not a bad thing that they are putting traffic warnings and travel advice in the public domain. I suppose people would moan if they weren't forewarned and ended up getting stuck in the chaos. Damned if you, damned if you don't :roll:

Living on Wincobank I know how bad the traffic gets around here from October onwards and that was before the IKEA opened. If idiots don't want to take sensible advice then let them sit in their traffic jams.

Got cheap old Ikea cabinet in bathroom. Got some wooden cladding and new good looking ebay handles, varnish and it looks better than ever.

Ikea stuff don't last long unless you play round with it. Having said that the kitchen taps we bought seven years ago are still mint condition.

I hope Corbyn gets in and makes them pay more corporation tax.

They are set up as a not for profit organisation based in the Netherlands.

The Ikea branding side is a small separate company and the part of the business they pay tax on.

It's a miniscule amount compared to the whole business's earnings.

moan moan moan moan corbyn wont get in

---------- Post added 28-09-2017 at 22:50 ----------

Had a quick look today. It looks very nice. Taken tram there and x1 back to town. Parking looked full and the retail parking lott was also very full. Ikea itself could handle the crowd, couldn't get mobile signal in most of the building. Will go and have another look when got some more time.

Think it be easier to park at retail when driving, just make sure to get out in three hours.

theres free wifi

I was wondering why I was seeing cars with kids waving the Swedish flag whilst driving towards stanniforth rd.

I was wondering why I was seeing cars with kids waving the Swedish flag whilst driving towards stanniforth rd.

No no, that’s ‘cos the Viking’s are invading.

Either that or an ABBA concert at the arena

I don't care about furniture, is there a queue for Swedish meatballs?

Had a quick look today. It looks very nice. Taken tram there and x1 back to town. Parking looked full and the retail parking lott was also very full. Ikea itself could handle the crowd, couldn't get mobile signal in most of the building. Will go and have another look when got some more time.

Think it be easier to park at retail when driving, just make sure to get out in three hours.

If they provide porters to load flat-pack furniture onto the tram (and off at the other end) then I might consider it. Their teddy bears are good (my daughter has one 12 years old, still loved) hot dogs too...

I googled Sheffield IKEA Council.

And then what? Read the article, and made some stuff up?