The IKEA in Sheffield thread

I was talking to one of the construction workers this morning and according to him the completion date will be delayed.

Apparently someone has lost the little Allen Key. :hihi:

That made me smile.

I was in Asda recently, and one of the guys on the till was telling a colleague that he was successful and heading to IKEA.

---------- Post added 11-04-2017 at 13:44 ----------

They've got a fair bit of competition with Next Home, Home Bargains, B&M Homestore and The Range nearby. Also Argos, House of Fraser and Debenhams in Meadowhall.

All of these stores sell the same sort of stuff, Ikea just put a different spin on it.

As part of the planning restrictions imposed by Sheffield Council they've had to give over 200 parking spaces to Park & Ride

I'm not sure they're the same you know. B&M and Home Bargains are far more bargain end in terms of quality (just my opinion). Next, Debenhams and House of Fraser are higher end.

I think you're right about the Range though, although IKEA stuff tends to be better, and they'll have a larger range than the Range ironically, being a huge store.

Ikea do sell a plastic waste paper bin for 95p That's even cheaper than Poundland :)

Their Market Place section sells lots of cheap bits and bobs.

I just wished there was a Wilkinson's at Meadowhall, the one at Parkgate is really good.

Ikea do sell a plastic waste paper bin for 95p That's even cheaper than Poundland :)

Their Market Place section sell lots of cheap bits and bobs.

I just wished there was a Wilkinson's at Meadowhall, the one at Parkgate is really good.

I quite like Wilkos for bits and pieces. Shame it's in the worst possible end of town :)

Their Market Place section sells lots of cheap bits and bobs.

Wilko would be good

Edited by chisholm

2018 i believe wilkos are going to meadowhall

Not sure how they'll achieve that.
As a daily user of J34 (N & S) at rush hour for several years now, I'll second that. The volume increase anticipated from IKEA was bad enough. With this right next door to it (as a logistics platform no less, so tons of artics streaming in/out all the time), plus existing Meadowhall, M'hall Retail Park, Centertainment, Arena traffic, to say nothing of when a fender bender occurs 'higher up' towards Attercliffe/town (and paralyses the 2 main axes into and out of town)...the roundabout system at the junctions, maybe the viaduct also, are gonna have to go :| Edited by L00b

It is very close to city airport.

What airport Peel if you remember closed it to open Doncaster airport. Maybe up to the same trick again. The only way this would work as a logisitcs park is if all the vehicles were electric.

As a daily user of J34 (N & S) at rush hour for several years now, I'll second that. The volume increase anticipated from IKEA was bad enough. With this right next door to it (as a logistics platform no less, so tons of artics streaming in/out all the time), plus existing Meadowhall, M'hall Retail Park, Centertainment, Arena traffic, to say nothing of when a fender bender occurs 'higher up' towards Attercliffe/town (and paralyses the 2 main axes into and out of town)...the roundabout system at the junctions, maybe the viaduct also, are gonna have to go :|

Little is needed to halt all traffic in that area, one problem causes all roads in that area to react.

Even trams can be absolutely chucker there all of a sudden, one little issue and they are overloaded.

how is the build going nearly complete ? need a few bits from ikea will hang on if it's opening soon rather than trek to leeds .ta