The IKEA in Sheffield thread

wont take long to build then but might fall apart when a doors opened.

Ha ha, I think that's more reminiscent of MFI!

Whatever work was happening seems to have stopped, wonder if it will be put on hold given the current Brexit issues

So you would rather got to Manchester to buy things than Sheffield!!!!??:hihi:

Agreed with others, I like Ikea and do shop there. Manchester over the snake is usually the quickest for us to get too followed by Nottingham and then Leeds. But im not particularly looking forward to them opening in Sheffield. Pretty sure the extra traffic will not be worth the savings made by purchasing a few extra cheap items. As lets face it I am happy to travel for the big purchases.

So you would rather got to Manchester to buy things than Sheffield!!!!??:hihi:

Like he said, traffic, congestion is usually a major issue around Ikea.

It will be a lot worse than meadowhall, at least meadowhall has a ring road with several entrances to their much bigger parking lot.

Ikea has a more supermarket multi story like parking system with much lower capacity.

Only good thing will be the significant increase in trams up there if Ikea comes.

But who wants Sheffield to become like Toronto NY where you blink your eyes and the next one comes.

Edited by dutch

It's probably been recalled like some of the other tat they sell...

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ikea-recall-chests-drawers-child-103713274.html

That is very kind of them as they had clearly instructed not to use that recalled drawers unit to climb on and also clearly recommend to anchor the unit securely to the wall, especially when children are around.

Long time ago I ones installed some bedroom units in someone else house and they were really angry that I had attached the thin tall wobbly units to the wall. They were furious that I had done that.

These are the same type of people who go to a lawyer when their child gets killed in an irresponsible furniture crushes child accident.

Nothing wrong with that chest of drawers, they cant help it if people dont follow the instructions and dont anchor them to the walls. OK you probably dont need to if you dont have young kids, I certainly never have done. Didnt feel the need to for a 14 year old.

Nothing wrong with that chest of drawers, they cant help it if people dont follow the instructions and dont anchor them to the walls. OK you probably dont need to if you dont have young kids, I certainly never have done. Didnt feel the need to for a 14 year old.

Living life in the fast lane :)

come on ikea I am waiting to have a look around in your store, not any store but sheffield!

Slightly off topic has anyone purchased an item of furniture from Ikea a sofa in particular and if so are you happy with it ?.

That is very kind of them as they had clearly instructed not to use that recalled drawers unit to climb on and also clearly recommend to anchor the unit securely to the wall, especially when children are around.

Long time ago I ones installed some bedroom units in someone else house and they were really angry that I had attached the thin tall wobbly units to the wall. They were furious that I had done that.

These are the same type of people who go to a lawyer when their child gets killed in an irresponsible furniture crushes child accident.

The simple solution there is dont let kids touch them . if they do give em a clip round the ear`ole like we would have got when we were kids.

Like he said, traffic, congestion is usually a major issue around Ikea.

It will be a lot worse than meadowhall, at least meadowhall has a ring road with several entrances to their much bigger parking lot.

Ikea has a more supermarket multi story like parking system with much lower capacity.

I think you're spot on right. Traffic will be a lot worse. SCC car hating planners will make sure of that. Dont forget that the council spent millions of pounds of tax payers money fighting ikea's application on the grounds of traffic congestion. Now would be a good time to buy shares in Acme traffic lights plc