The IKEA in Sheffield thread

Just found a pack and a half of Glimma tea lights, that must be 150 of them. I suspect we need not go to an IKEA store for quite a while.

Wilko is not as cheap but pretty good for those tea lights as well.

After 10 years of obstruction and then being backed into a corner by the Next fiasco

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/business/emails-reveal-weak-case-for-rejecting-sheffield-next-store-1-5694362

, I don't think finally approving it is anything to crow over.

Besides which it hasn't been approved yet.

its been approved because sheffields reputation is that bad and they realised it needs changing

They cant be doing that badly cause Labour were voted in again in May 2014. So people cant be that bothered about the dittering idioys that have let Leeds over take sheffield as the city of the north.

Which just backs up my thoughts that Sheffield fears change.

Guest sibon
its been approved because sheffields reputation is that bad and they realised it needs changing

Tell us more orm. Who says we have a bad reputation? Is it just you.

How will building a big, blue, furniture warehouse improve our reputation?

They cant be doing that badly cause Labour were voted in again in May 2014. So people cant be that bothered about the dittering idioys that have let Leeds over take sheffield as the city of the north.

Which just backs up my thoughts that Sheffield fears change.

I was born and dragged up in Sheffield so I do have some loyalty to my city but business people decide what businesses will make money and they are the ones that put their money into Sheffield not the council. They have put their money into loan shops, discount stores, Pawn shops, betting shops, fast food outlets etc. Sadly we get the outlets that will make money for the investors. Just look at the forum, people just want the cheapest on the market. Gone are they days when the top line investors put their money into Sheffield, we won't spend on good quality items.

I was born and dragged up in Sheffield so I do have some loyalty to my city but business people decide what businesses will make money and they are the ones that put their money into Sheffield not the council. They have put their money into loan shops, discount stores, Pawn shops, betting shops, fast food outlets etc. Sadly we get the outlets that will make money for the investors. Just look at the forum, people just want the cheapest on the market. Gone are they days when the top line investors put their money into Sheffield, we won't spend on good quality items.

There are discount stores, Pawn shops, betting shops, fast food outlets in Meadowhall.

And in Leeds.

Maybe companies are not interested in Sheffield cause its too much ball ache dealing with this council.

A council more interested in cycle paths & community centres than job creation.

There are discount stores, Pawn shops, betting shops, fast food outlets in Meadowhall.

And in Leeds.

Maybe companies are not interested in Sheffield cause its too much ball ache dealing with this council.

A council more interested in cycle paths & community centres than job creation.

See you and raise you.

Sadly community centers and other community activity's are at risk, as a cyclist and motorists I would appreciate more cycle paths.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/community-centre-on-brink-of-closure-1-6163298

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/mar/25/drime-focus-youth-services-cuts

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-leisure-centre-closure-threat-1-5298399

Tell us more orm. Who says we have a bad reputation? Is it just you.

How will building a big, blue, furniture warehouse improve our reputation?

SCC made a complete ass of themselves over the NEXT home and garden store , and they know it . Their stupidity in rejecting the Next planning application , then further arrogance in wasting thousands of pounds of council tax payers money fighting the appeal tells you all you need to know about this council .

Do you think the attempt to block next from opening their new store went un-noticed in other parts of the country. ?

Guest sibon

Do you think the attempt to block next from opening their new store went un-noticed in other parts of the country. ?

Pretty much, yes.

I do believe that a couple of truculent individuals in Barnsley noticed, but their web campaign didn't really gain any ground.

Why do you think that IKEA kept on coming back with new proposals?

So has the new store actually been given the go a head by planners, or just reccommended for approval?

So has the new store actually been given the go a head by planners, or just reccommended for approval?

Recommended for approval ,so there is still every chance the numpties in the town hall will block it forcing IKEA to take it to appeal , the council to squander thousands of pounds of tax payers money trying to defend their stupidity and Ikea to win .

Pretty much, yes.

I do believe that a couple of truculent individuals in Barnsley noticed, but their web campaign didn't really gain any ground.

Why do you think that IKEA kept on coming back with new proposals?

i think youll find it was noticed and companys know the sheffield council will try and block anything that they dont want . but try and get planning permisson for a school that will cause more traffic than anything .