The IKEA in Sheffield thread

Why not buy on line, it would save us from all the hassle of having a store in Sheffield.

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/customer_service/shop_online/all_about_shop_online.html?icid=gb|itl|20121108|70

Because as its already been posted on this thread more than once, its more than just buying online.

Why not buy on line, it would save us from all the hassle of having a store in Sheffield.

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/customer_service/shop_online/all_about_shop_online.html?icid=gb|itl|20121108|70

Ikea delivery cost are rather high.

Ikea items are often cheaper than online items. Only if you come and get it yourself.

LINK

Being classified as green belt land doesn't help any potential developer.

Strange it's all classed as green belt as there's stuff already built there - I thought the areas with old buildings would be brown belt and the rest green:confused::confused::confused:

Since the government want brown belt land developing first you could build a decent sized estate and turn the rest into a nice park.

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 17:32 ----------

Because as its already been posted on this thread more than once, its more than just buying online.

I agree, with stuff for the house you wanna go in and see what it's like first.

Get an idea of the size, and how it will fit in your room etc etc.

Strange it's all classed as green belt as there's stuff already built there - I thought the areas with old buildings would be brown belt and the rest green:confused::confused::confused:

Since the government want brown belt land developing first you could build a decent sized estate and turn the rest into a nice park.

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 17:32 ----------

I agree, with stuff for the house you wanna go in and see what it's like first.

Get an idea of the size, and how it will fit in your room etc etc.

That area next to meadowhall retail is one big slab of concrete with nothing on it. The bits and pieces of greenery in that area are developed, got tram and railway running through it and are rich in flowers. I love to protect nature but that area that IKEA wants to use has nothing worth to protect.

Council has ruined 100 times more special places for stupid little projects before.

Problem is when women go shopping to look at something they see so many other things they like. Many woman end up with bags full of things even if what they came for is temporary out of stock.

You cant just blame SCC for S Yorkshire not having an IKEA, they have a distribution center in Donny on the M18, I never understand why they dont just build a store there as well.

good point

keep them away

Why? So other people can continue taking advantage of students by charging too high prices for furniture, lights to people with low income?

When I first came to Sheffield I was shocked at the prices people pay here for certain products. Often 200% higher than Canada or EU. Internet has improved that a lot now it is harder to fool customers.

We used to go visit my family in Holland and come back to England with the boot and backseats loaded with shopping for half the price with better quality products.

Now it doesn't matter so much any more but extreme difference in price is still sometimes there.

Ikea will still remind people here of the out of proportion prices they pay in Sheffield for certain products. I will buy my light bulbs from ikea when we get one here. Some candles, or extension outlet for the PC.

Personally I don't care about pollution and vehicle emissions . The only factor to consider here is new jobs and inward investment into the city . Leave worrying about exhaust fumes and traffic to the Greenies .

Sitting behind some newer bus's going up blackstock road and seeing the black smoke pumped out, i think scc got a cheek complaining about polution, with traffic being stopped, scc are the biggest cause of polution with increased travel times in sheffield!!

Tremendous news, really looking forward to this boost to Sheffield's reputation.

Sitting behind some newer bus's going up blackstock road and seeing the black smoke pumped out, i think scc got a cheek complaining about polution, with traffic being stopped, scc are the biggest cause of polution with increased travel times in sheffield!!

Since when have SCC been running a bus service?