The IKEA in Sheffield thread

n.i.m.b.y :)

If they ever planned to build one in the middle of the Linconshire Wolds then that comment would apply to me.

I'm not against an Ikea near to Sheffield all I am saying is it will never be built on that site.

If they have found another suitable site within the last 4-5 years they would have started the procedure for a new store a long time ago.

n.i.m.b.y :)

And I imagine you'd be the first moaning that the Parkway and surrounding roads are all blocked with traffic if it was built there!

Would be great if it used and run down or derelict area of the city and also provide jobs for people in Sheffield. Some of the IKEA designs and build quality howerer leaves a little to be desired.

Its never going to happen, at least not within Sheffield and definately not on the old YEB site. Have you seen the size of the Leeds store and the amount of lands it needs?

Also Nottingham & Leeds are both within an hour and Manchester & Warrington within 1.5hrs. There are areas within the UK that are less well served and I would have thought IKEA would be concentrating on those areas.

Wrong .. wrong wrong .. It's being built in Sheffield, very near Meadowhall and plans to open in 2015.

I heard it was to be on the old Tinsley wire site at the side of Meadowhal Retail Park, it fits the area well in my view.

Wasn't the other problem regarding the Parkway something to do with Rotherham Council ?

Wrong .. wrong wrong .. It's being built in Sheffield, very near Meadowhall and plans to open in 2015.

Got any proof? :)

Remember the traffic round Meadowhall at weekends and Christmas time, then add in the IKEA customers.

Will be great fun.

Remember the traffic round Meadowhall at weekends and Christmas time, then add in the IKEA customers.

Will be great fun.

Although I agree it can be a nightmare around there, I don't think that an Ikea would make much difference. Traffic in and out of the one at Leeds never seems paerticularly bad (the majority of traffic is going to the other shops).

I reckon an kea is less busy than a largeish supermarket in terms of traffic movements.

Although I agree it can be a nightmare around there, I don't think that an Ikea would make much difference.

You should see the traffic around the Warrington branch, its awful. They even built a new motorway junction to relieve the traffic issue.

What does a bit of traffic matter? We all still go to meadowhall and sit on the traffic there at Christmas.

What does a bit of traffic matter? We all still go to meadowhall and sit on the traffic there at Christmas.

I don't :)

I quite enjoy the trip to nottingham for the IKEA. MMMMMM nice muffins.