Stradbroke Memories

Yes John's mother was a lovely lady - can see her now and Mrs Robinson who you could always hear! Life was a lot simpler then, and w'dhouse a proper village. Remember all the games, we could play on the Mauncer as there were no cars. Fond memories of the last bus from Pond Street as well, the usual crowd on board used to hold it up for my friend and I if we were not on it and a mad dash thru Pond St would ensue or if the conductor was having none of it we would have to run on to the Midland Station to which a loud cheer would go up. Must have been a lot fitter then. Enjoy your weather and send some over here.

I am trying to find anyone who lived on the Stradbroke estate between 1952 and 1958 and attended Brook Secondary School.Would also like to trace my best friend at the time Jack Mitchell.Jack lived in one of the cottages on Richmond road next to the school.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am trying to find anyone who lived on the Stradbroke estate between 1952 and 1958 and attended Brook Secondary School.Would also like to trace my best friend at the time Jack Mitchell.Jack lived in one of the cottages on Richmond road next to the school.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forum I know Jack but sorry don't know where he lives now. Did you go to the Brook school reunion? as there was somebody asking about him there and we have a photo of him at club 60 in the 60s. Hope that somebody on here can help you.

Hi thanks for the reply.

Yes I was at the reunion together with two others from my school year,1953 to 1958.It was me asking about Jack.So many thanks will keep trying to find information to his whereabouts. See you next year if not before.

Regards.

i had relatives on new cross drive until earlier this year
Thans I lived on Ravenscroft road 1952 to 1957

i had relatives on new cross drive until earlier this year

Thanks I lived on Ravenscroft road 1952 to 1957 and attended Brook school,Moved to Derby in October 1957 and still live there,

hi i went to brook school left late 50 lived on richmond rd next to the little shop can u remember it

Hi

Yes I remember the shop. jack lived in the cottages opposite the shops on Richmond road.I use to visit him when I was at Brook he was my best friend.We both left in 1958 and have not seen him since I moved to Derby.Would like to try and find him if he is still around.

sorry love cant rememer jack should do i lived in the big farm house bang facing the school gates can u rember it i came from a big famly

What about the windmill on the road?

Yes I can remember the large house opposite the school gates.In what year did you live there and did you attend Brook School.

Don't remember a windmill on Richmond road