Stradbroke Memories

OP - Is it Stradbroke or Woodhouse you're interested in? I lived in Stradbroke but attended Woodhouse West school 51-54.

is trevor lambert related to you, came off sheffield road.

Hi,

Yes, Trevor is our nephew. He lives in Swallownest now.

Hi Cal first of all so sad to hear about Mick, but yes I new Trev / Pete Mellor & Ernie & Ray Harrison Ken Storey Billy B urgess Stuart Burgess I was born on the Mauncer No 86 in 1945 a long time now.

And in reply to rogG I went to Woodhouse West 1950/56

Hi Cal first of all so sad to hear about Mick, but yes I new Trev / Pete Mellor & Ernie & Ray Harrison Ken Storey Billy B urgess Stuart Burgess I was born on the Mauncer No 86 in 1945 a long time now.

And in reply to rogG I went to Woodhouse West 1950/56

Hi,

Just out of interest, could you send me a P.M. as to who you are.

Regards C.

Can any one remember Mrs Callaby from shop of same name used to be on what was then Sheffield road at the side of a cobblers.She would sell you a Park Drive and a match for 2d. Happy days

Hi, just reading this post out of interest, as I'm only 37 but lived in Woodhouse since 1975.

Then I read the names Billy and Stuart Burgess

Bill still lives in Woodhouse on Church View, Stuart is a self made millionaire living in Lincolnshire somewhere and their sister Marlene also lives in Lincolnshire in Louth.

I married Marlene's grandaughter 4 years ago.

CraigW That is brilliant me and Stuart where the same age give or take, Billy was a year or so older. If I remember right their mum was a singer on the club circuit.Thank you for posting its good to hear of friends not seen for a very long time

CraigW That is brilliant me and Stuart where the same age give or take, Billy was a year or so older. If I remember right their mum was a singer on the club circuit.Thank you for posting its good to hear of friends not seen for a very long time

Their mother was Mable and Father Harold.

Mable was a singer as Marlene still has her in various costumes in a monatage picture, framed in her living room.

Hiya TopTen and all

We lived on the Mauncer opposite the Harris's and Mellors at No.35 the Gummer Family -my brother Owen was pals with Dougy Lambert. I am Lynne and my sister was Carol. Know all the names Lamberts, Briggs, Burgess, Roebuck, Halls, Robinsons, Forrests. Great days, Woodhouse was a lovely little village with Mrs Callaby's and Miss Knights, and the cobbler in the old yard at the end of Stradbroke Road (which was just a track when we moved in) behind the old corner Post Office, Mr Chapman was the postman very smart and bang on time every day. Used to love the old cinema matinees on a Saturday 6d. downstairs 9d. upstairs. Memories, memories..........................

Hiya TopTen and all

We lived on the Mauncer opposite the Harris's and Mellors at No.35 the Gummer Family -my brother Owen was pals with Dougy Lambert. I am Lynne and my sister was Carol. Know all the names Lamberts, Briggs, Burgess, Roebuck, Halls, Robinsons, Forrests. Great days, Woodhouse was a lovely little village with Mrs Callaby's and Miss Knights, and the cobbler in the old yard at the end of Stradbroke Road (which was just a track when we moved in) behind the old corner Post Office, Mr Chapman was the postman very smart and bang on time every day. Used to love the old cinema matinees on a Saturday 6d. downstairs 9d. upstairs. Memories, memories..........................

Hi Linnet as said I lived on the opposite side to you but yes knew all them,still bear a scar on my head where John Forrest kicked me playing football.There was a little wooden hut down in the village that I bought my first record from.When older did my drinking in the Daggers / Royal /Stag /George.Happy days do you remember the Flints? they where related to the Harris,s lived opposite the Forrest,s

Yes knew the Flints, they were cousins of the Harris's, still see Raymond. Was Johnny Forrest sorry he kicked you in the head or were you being a woos?? Didn't frequent the Woodhouse pubs much, I was a city girl so headed for the Esquire after leaving school then in the heady days of 1966 off the the Old Harrow (now an Indian Rest) and the Blue Bell. What was your surname? So how is Cyprus? long time since I was there, we used to lived out Middle East so used to holiday in Cyprus on our way back to UK. Nice island.

My name is Ken Simpson was I a bit of a woos? don,t think so, but suppose I could have been John,s mum took me Dr O,Brian to have it stitched.Used to live opposite Billy Robinson we played all sorts of games then football/ tiggy /kisscatch/rustbumbum,I moved to new Stradbroke when I was 10.

As for Cyprus yes lifes good bloody hot just now