PARENTS- Please read.

There have been a number of times that this has happend to myself and my friends, but this is spefically aimed at parents with children at secondary schools.

Did you know the children/teenagers who dress alternatively,listen to rock/heavy metal always get bullied through no fault of their own?

well this is what happens to me and my mates almost every secondary school.

and Ive had enough of it.

I dont know whether its an influence from peers, grandparents, relatives, parents - BUT teenagers should be able to wear what they want and listen to what type of music they want without the bullying and the intimidation.

I Hate what They're doing to us, Im sorry for the rant but its about time something was done...

So what do you want me (a parent) to do?

Don't wear makeup, don't dye your hair, don't be a part of the "scene" of your music.

I listen to all-sorts, doesn't influence how I look.

What a negative outlook on life you must have!!

The problem is not the clothes, hair, makeup or the music. The problem is the stupid mindless gits who seem to think that being different is valid reason to bully someone.

They need to be stopped! You keep wearing what ever you want!!

Bullys need to be threatened with expulsion instantly!

When im driving past 15 yr olds with dyed hair and make up, either punk/goth,moshers or emos i always beep my horn at them.It really,really annoys them.

Very mature and cleaver! I hope you crash! :loopy:

stop being a freak and you wont get bullied simple as. and with a gob like yrs no wonder ya get picked on time to grow up and get and hair cut and introduce soap into yr life,it you decide to be punk thats yr fault dont expect everyone to like you!

You sound like you are a bit of a punk!

People like you are the reason why English people are hated!! You need to introduce some soap to your mouth and some education to your life!

If someone spoke to my children like you did here, and they had the audacity to say it to them in front of me, it would be the last thing that they ever said!!

You are a coward and no better than the bullies the OP is referring to!

Choke on your words!!

Please .............. Men beeping their can horns and now this. What a troll ..............

Abbs....Its the way of the world I'm afraid, anyone who doesn't conform to what others perceive to be 'normal', are targeted daily. Its not just you and your friends, there are 1000s of people who are forced into living a very difficult life because of the way they choose to be.

Rise above what others throw your way and be true to yourself, believe in yourself and be happy !

People need to see beyond the obvious.

Did you know the children/teenagers who dress alternatively,listen to rock/heavy metal always get bullied through no fault of their own?

I used to get bullied at school for being queer by the "normal" kids and the "alternative" kids.

Very mature and cleaver! I hope you crash! :loopy:

Im going on her last post,Abbs will know what i mean.

No one should change themselves. Its the weak and pathetic bullies that need to accept that theres other people in this world who dont act and think like they do. If all teens conformed, theyd just be zombies by the time they hit their 20s. No thanks. Its the outcasts and the so-called 'freaks' who make this world wonderful and beautiful.

The ironic thing is, all the people who dress 'alternative' ways all look the same, and are total sheep.

I have always been my own person, which I suppose comes under 'alternative'. I was not bullied at school although I was not in the cool/popular scene. Personally, I have an attitude of 'F what everyone thinks' and also, everyone has the right to like whatever they want.

For a time I attended an all-girls private school. Wow, that was a bitch-fest. I was pleasant to everyone even if we weren't on the same wavelength and they were nice enough back. My abrasive best friend was not so lucky.

My OH attended a rougher school than me. From what I understand, he adapted a similar ploy of keeping his head down and being the person that says hello and lets everyone get on with their own thing. He mostly got through unscathed.

It's not about being weak or whatever, these kinds of arguments are pointless IMO. People are what they are, and I will do what I want with people I like and if people mock me for that well sod 'em.

One of my closest friends at school was bullied relentlessly for being different. She dressed totally differently from anyone else, and this was before the goth/emo style became more mainstream. She decided to move schools to get away from the bullying, I kind of lost touch with her after then.

L