Strawberry picking

Does anyone know if the strawberries are ready yet ...and where to pick them in the Sheffield / Rotherham area

Does anyone know if the strawberries are ready yet ...and where to pick them in the Sheffield / Rotherham area

yes they are our have been for the last week or two :D

yes they are our have been for the last week or two :D

Have you been ?

Have you been ?

No we grow our own so if they are ready here in stocksbridge they should be ready everywhere else :)

I went to Burchin Lee Farm last Saturday, and the season is definitely starting. Plenty there to fill two punnets (4kg) and my belly (don't know how much that weighs!), and there were many more ripening but still white at the bottom, so they'll be good this week.

Thanks for this , we are hoping to do a cream tea for one of our office colleagues birthday

so i'll prob go up on Wednesday.

there is a place near Ecclesfield just off jct 35 of the M1

if it is the one I am thinking of it is not strawberry fields this year but grass

I was told that places weren't allowed to do it anymore I'm glad that's not the case

Old thread I know but I'm still after the same thing. Has anyone seen signs locally in sheffield that is doing strawberry picking this year? Would love to take the kids and make chocolate covered strawberries with them! :-)

we went to whirlow hall farm a few weeks ago. It was dire, hardky any strawberries and they were fall up on troughs which my daughter couldn't reach. Pointless going. They did have raspberries too but not very toddler friendly there either as lots of nettles and wire fencing. Shame.