FINALLY! someone has helped with direct payments!

My son has finally been awarded direct payments and respite.

Thanks for all your advice.

I have had a social worker here doing my Daughters assessment, 3 weeks ago, for her direct payments.

Can you please tell me how long it may be before these are in place?

Just thought I'd let people know that I have someone coming from Social Inclusion Team on Thursday. This is nearly 4 months since the social worker came to do my Daughters assessment.

My Daughters direct payments are now being cut. Sheffield City Council want her to contribute all her mobility money to the four days transport she has. I don't know what they want her to do for the other 3 days, be housebound.

They have also taken respite money from it but will provide respite in council accomadation which costs more. Anyone else having these cuts?

My Daughters direct payments are now being cut. Sheffield City Council want her to contribute all her mobility money to the four days transport she has. I don't know what they want her to do for the other 3 days, be housebound.

They have also taken respite money from it but will provide respite in council accomadation which costs more. Anyone else having these cuts?

Ive just had a letter from social services telling me my care payment is going up by another £22-odd a week.

Which means I will be paying over £140 a week for my 11.5 hours care.

I'm disgusted.

Ive just had a letter from social services telling me my care payment is going up by another £22-odd a week.

Which means I will be paying over £140 a week for my 11.5 hours care.

I'm disgusted.

I'm gutted for you PT.

I've written to Julie Dore, Alan Laws, Gregg Clarke and the Manager at Love St, where adult social services is based. All letters were sent 'signed for'. This was 3 weeks ago. As of today I have only received 1 reply and that was from Julie Dore saying she has referred my letter to Councillor Mary Lea who is the Cabinet Member for Health, Care and Independent Living.

My letters basically asked when these cuts became council policy and who voted for them. If the leader of the council doesn't know then who the heck does?