Charnock hall fishery

the time has come for revenge on last years blank:rolleyes: am off up to fish on tuesday:D:D so what are the fish taking a fancy t:huh::hihi:o??????????????any one else be going:) ?????

You cant go wrong with chopped worm, had some really good days with that, also maggots but you will get pestered by small fish now, take a few pellets to feed and for the hook, either fish across to island or about 8m on pole in the top pond.

Bottom pond just feed pellet with pellet on hook about 6/8M on bottom and you will catch all day, small carp and tench with odd skimmer/ide. Good luck

the time has come for revenge on last years blank:rolleyes: am off up to fish on tuesday:D:D so what are the fish taking a fancy t:huh::hihi:o??????????????any one else be going:) ?????

cant make tues due to hospital app so its wednesday hay ho:hihi:

Its called CARTERHALL FISHERY not charnock. 4mm pellet on deck or caster on the drop always produce, if u blank you must be a plank.

been back today and got rid of the ghost :):D:hihi::hihi:it fished very well

Chopped worm and caster always produces at this prolific silver fish venue :hihi::hihi:

dynamite scorce soft hook pellets(10mm) and tiger fish soft hook pellets (8mm),also i cant belive i drove all the way up to carterhall (from walkley) and forgot to call in the tackle shop for live bait DOH:loopy: still a great day out :D

i shall be fishing this one next week, its only 10 mins for me to get there. pellets, worms, corn, and groundbait all to hand if required.

Keep it simple Chris, pot a few pellets in close to island (top pond) pellet on hook and you will get a decent carp or two early on, then fish chop worm about 7/8m, you usually get small perch, roach first then the big ide will move in, also crucians and skimmers.

Hope you have a good day, its a crackin little fishery.

Keep it simple Chris, pot a few pellets in close to island (top pond) pellet on hook and you will get a decent carp or two early on, then fish chop worm about 7/8m, you usually get small perch, roach first then the big ide will move in, also crucians and skimmers.

Hope you have a good day, its a crackin little fishery.

its certainly lovely looking and seems to be well run. :)

what sort of line dia/hooks do you reckon? most of my rigs are .14 dia and with 14s/16s (usually fish banded pellets on a hair). have been having 40-50lb a time at clearwater on a short pole so ready for a change in venue and fish! :D

fished it today for the first time, red hot afternoon and ended up with about 20lb of silver fish, mainly big ide. not easy fishing, had to go 10m across to some lillies to get the ide and the wind was playing about with the pole spoiling presentation, but got the fish going on the drop later on, literally a fish a chuck /missed bite a cast!

didnt see any carp come out where i was, but lots of small silver fish in evidence. used mainly small cubed meat and corn, feeding soft pellets and corn, having left worms at home ! d'oh