American wrestling

I don't see Eastenders viewers being attached with the same stigma as an Eastenders viewer??

I assume that should read "as a wrestling viewer." :cool:

The stigma was a little more understandable when people were pretending that wrestling was real fights. There's no good reason for it to still exist; you're watching a fantasy, similar to a James Bond action film with lots of fighting in it. The Bond film has a more plausible script, but not as much fighting.

Im taking my lad to watch the WWE in September, it should be an eye opener.

And a lot of people prefer their soap operas to include powerbombs, leg drops and people slapping each other around the face. :hihi:

Ahhhhh, you mean Eastenders in the old days?

It's no dafter than most soap operas - in both cases, the scriptwriters and players know in advance what's going to happen, but the viewer does not.

And a lot of people prefer their soap operas to include powerbombs, leg drops and people slapping each other around the face. :hihi:

I don't think anyone any longer even pretends that it is a sport. Although WWE still refer to their production as "sports entertainment," as far as I know.

The reason WWE dont class it as a Sport is because they would have to pay more tax on it, which is why its now known as entertainment. Wrestling has been dropped from the name so it is just wwe entertainment.

I used to love wwf back in the attitude era, stone cold, the rock, original dx, corporate ministry.

Despite it being a 'work' where the wrestlers know who will win, they still have to learn how to fall and take bumps. Alot of the stuff will hurt but they know how to limit it. Its a preference, if you like it watch it, if you dont, turn off simple.

Bring back British wrestling with Kent Walton. That was far better than the fake American rubbish. They are all full of drugs and steroids, another one died the other day, Macho Randy Savage or something.

Bring back British wrestling with Kent Walton. That was far better than the fake American rubbish. They are all full of drugs and steroids, another one died the other day, Macho Randy Savage or something.

There's still several British wrestling companies floating around, Google the following:

Rebel Pro Wrestling

One Pro Wrestling

And there's also Irish based Irish Whip Wrestling, which former 2 time WWE Champion Sheamus originally wrestled for before joining WWE.

So wrestling is not exclusive to the USA, there's also several Japanese promotions, such as New Japan Pro Wrestling, NOAH, IWGP etc.

It's no better or worse than any other sport thats fixed.

It's no better or worse than any other sport thats fixed.

I'd say Italian football is better than wrestling. :suspect:

Have watched it from being a nipper and I tune in and out as the case may be nowadays.

Yes I know it's fake, yes its like a pantomime... however.

Watch Sin Cara... now tell me, that's not athleticism at it's highest spectacle.

Thank You :D

Yeah but I read on wrestlezone.com recently that the reason they moved Sin Cara from RAW to SmackDown in the recent draft, is because SD is pre-taped on Tuesdays before being shown on Fridays, so they can edit Sin Cara's botched moves and entrance.

Also, RAW doesn't need 2 masked Cruiserweights, they have the significantly more over Rey Mysterio Jr.