Sanderson Bros. and Newbould/Sanderson Kayser

That link is absolutely fantastic and something that I was completely unaware of. I remember the name Joe Crookes from the mills very well.

Hi Tedmunks

I am neither of the 3 you mention but I knew Harry, brother of Fred who worked in Steel Dept with myself. My father in law was Harold Brookes which you will have known. I used to do a lot of photography with Fred Hague, the foreman in Gear Dept. I laso knew Cyril Jackson, your manager.

Ron Fletcher

I used to work in the Gear Dept. Whatever happened to the Heliocentric Speed Reducer? I have tried tracing it on the 'net with no results naming Sandersons.The only manufacturer listed now is a company in the states called Laycock.

I remember Fred Hague, and the Chargehand Joe Loy. I also remember Harold Brookes very well. Do the names Doug Hemming, Walter Dobson, George Capps and Don Wood ring any bells?

Hi Tedmunks

Walter Dobson and George Capps I remember well but the other two don't ring any bells.

I havn't a clue what happened to the Heliocentric Gear but I know the design which operated by plungers made from EN37 spec steel. I was involved in all aspects of production in the Steel Dept., so remember it well.

My Dad started work at Sanderson Kayser straight from school. He would have been there late 50's to early 60's. His name was Les France. He sadly died back in 2002.

Edited by Frenchie9920
missing a word!

Hi Frenchie

Did he start at Kayser Ellison or Sanderson Bros and Newbould? It is not a name that I am familiar with.

Hi Ron

I think it was Sandersons. He trained as a welder. Sorry, I don't know much else.

Sorry, I don't remember him but there might be someone out there who worked in the Engineers Dept at Newhall Rd. who does.

My uncle Jimmy Littlewood worked at Sandersons for many years.I remember him still playing football for the firm in his 50's.

My Dad started work at Sanderson Kayser straight from school. He would have been there late 50's to early 60's. His name was Les France. He sadly died back in 2002.

He was the Welder. I remember him well. The maintenance had a brick wall partition. The welder and the blacksmith were on the other other side from us electricians and mechanical services.

I started at SBN in 1951 and retired from Sanderson Kayser 1995. I started in the Steel Office directly opposite the Engineers.

I worked for a few years at Sanderson Kaysers in the mid 70's in, dare I admit it, Work Study.

My boss was Paul Deakin but remember Ted Harrop? and Des ?? who was a foreman in one of the blade shops.

in same office block as Phil Kenning and one of the Works Managers/Directors

I remember Paul Deakin very well and also Ted Harrop. Unfortunately Ted died 3 or 4 years ago.