Sanderson Bros. and Newbould/Sanderson Kayser

Forgot to mention that Phil K sadly, also died a few years ago.

My late Aunty, Martha Charlesworth, worked at Sandersons on Newhall Road. She used to sometimes pop over to my Granmas, on Norman Street for her dinner break.

What a character she was if I remember the right person. She worked in the Steel Warehouse at SBN on Newhall Road for many years.

Hi

Do these names ring a bell with anyone out there: Christine Hird (Goodrum)

Jackie Rastrick (father worked in Saw Dept)

Carol Metham, Ann Patchett, Roy Phoenix ( Soccer referee)

Brenda Froggatt.(Lamkin) All worked at Sandersons many moons ago and would love to hear from them.

I remember Christine, Jackie and Carol very well. I worked for you on leaving school April 1966 until I moved from the Sheffield area in 1968.

You took the photographs at my wedding in June 1972. Still married to the same girl.

Not seen or heard of Christine or Carol but have bumped into Jackie, but not for a few years. My place in the office was taken by Ray Pulfrey ( believed married, two kids and living in Bournemouth) His place was then taken by a deaf girl, can't remember her name. Sorry I cant be of any further help.

I'm stumped as to who you are and I normally have a good memory for those years. I remember the deaf girl too but can't remember her name either. She was a brilliant lip reader though.

Are you Stephen Eaton? Joined the Police Force, pools winner?????

i'm stumped as to who you are and i normally have a good memory for those years. I remember the deaf girl too but can't remember her name either. She was a brilliant lip reader though.

Are you stephen eaton? Joined the police force, pools winner?????

you got the name right, es

How did you get on with your photography S. I remember that I tried to cultivate an interest.

Anyone remember Brian Cavell he was there from the late 50s

what about tommy gould

Can anyone recognise this motley gang from one of Sandersons fishing matches in the 60s?sandersons.jpg

My first job after leaving school was in the Wages Office at SB&N in Sept 1967.

The manager was Bob Moody and I worked with Ron Smith,sitting opposite Mr.Haslam. All 3 of us were responsible for doing the wages for The Steel Dept.

In our office I recall Stella Leach(married to a Policeman who also had a twin brother)a typist? called Val? Jennifer and Brenda?

I loved going down to the sheet mills and forge to watch!I left in April '68.

Welcome to the fold 11plus. I would have been in the Steel Office at that time. When I started in 1951 the Wages Dept was situated next to Hacksaw dept but moved later to an office adjacent to No.1 gate. They were good times. I remember Ron Smith very well.

Joan Chippendale worked in Wages but it would be well before your time .