Bus changes -Sheffield Area w/c 23rd July 2011

Any info on what 'certain journeys' means for the 36 because that's my only direct bus route from work.

The VOSA website shows this ( the finer detail as regards who has won the new contracts has NOT BEEN offically released at present)

PB1088444/23 - T M TRAVEL LTD T/A T M TRAVEL, HALFWAY BUS GARAGE, STATION ROAD, HALFWAY, SHEFFIELD, S20 3GZ

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Hillsborough and Hillsborough given service number 267/268 effective from 24-Jul-2011.

PB1088444/26 - T M TRAVEL LTD T/A T M TRAVEL, HALFWAY BUS GARAGE, STATION ROAD, HALFWAY, SHEFFIELD, S20 3GZ

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Crystal Peaks and Norwood given service number 251 effective from 24-Jul-2011.

PB1088444/33 - T M TRAVEL LTD T/A T M TRAVEL, HALFWAY BUS GARAGE, STATION ROAD, HALFWAY, SHEFFIELD, S20 3GZ

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Meadowhall and Stocksbridge given service number 201 effective from 24-Jul-2011.

PB1088444/67 - T M TRAVEL LTD T/A T M TRAVEL, HALFWAY BUS GARAGE, STATION ROAD, HALFWAY, SHEFFIELD, S20 3GZ

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Sheffield Interchange and Sheffield Interchange given service number 900 effective from 24-Jul-2011.

The other bit of background details is listed on the PTE website under contracts (old contracts)

Any info on what 'certain journeys' means for the 36 because that's my only direct bus route from work.

I would guess this will be very early and late evening journeys all week.If First SY have lost then this will become a two operator route.

Now confirmed that SCT will no longer operate bus services 61/62/64/72

From VOSA website:

PB0003421/28 - SHEFFIELD COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD, 10 MONTGOMERY TERRACE ROAD, SHEFFIELD, S6 3BU

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Burncross and Manvers given service number 72 effective from 24-Jul-2011.

PB0003421/29 - SHEFFIELD COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD, 10 MONTGOMERY TERRACE ROAD, SHEFFIELD, S6 3BU

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Hillsborough and Hillsborough given service number 61/62 effective from 24-Jul-2011.

PB0003421/30 - SHEFFIELD COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD, 10 MONTGOMERY TERRACE ROAD, SHEFFIELD, S6 3BU

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Hiilsborough and Hillsborough given service number 64 effective from 24-Jul-2011.

Still no offical news who are the winners of the new contracts.Watch this space

I'm dependant on the 36. I can walk down to Firth Park to shop or catch a bus into town but rely on it for return journey. Was never a good service now being only hourly early a.m and evenings makes it a very poor one.

Good job they're not changing the 31, that service is about as reliable as a Tory Minister as it is! :rant:

I wrote to TM Travel to complain about the lack of reliability of the 31, especially after 4 PM 2 weeks ago, no response from the company, not even an acknowledgement of the letter, so I rang up on Wednesday, and they said they're putting an Inspector on the route to see why it's so unreliable, result!

I've also heard that it will no longer be Free either, with First charging a 'nominal' fee of either 20 or 50p.

The 64 is a tricky one I'd guess, as it only really does Rivelin Valley Road and to re-route a service from elsewhere would mean sending a bus up/down some whopping hills.

First won't be charging, they put in a tender for it and got it. Hence the word FREEBEE!! Not 20p or 50p freebee pmsl

I would guess this will be very early and late evening journeys all week.If First SY have lost then this will become a two operator route.

not heard anything about us (first) losing any part of the service but if we have i can only imagine it being in the evening(late night) not early cos we are the only op. that runs at daft o'clock in the morning lol

Good job they're not changing the 31, that service is about as reliable as a Tory Minister as it is! :rant:

I wrote to TM Travel to complain about the lack of reliability of the 31, especially after 4 PM 2 weeks ago, no response from the company, not even an acknowledgement of the letter, so I rang up on Wednesday, and they said they're putting an Inspector on the route to see why it's so unreliable, result!

Inbound trips to the city constantly get stuck at West bar durinf peak times and this causes serious delays on the service.

Inspectors????? be good to see that happen as TM Travel dont employ Inspectors.

Late evening and possibly early morning odd trips "Citywide" best option for any late returns due to dual operators on the service

With reference to the earlier correspondence on the 293 a question, "How will the 293 get up and down Twentywell Lane in the bad weather" seems a bad choice of route.

Late evening and possibly early morning odd trips "Citywide" best option for any late returns due to dual operators on the service

Sorry Klindon don't understand. Are you referring to "Citywide" saver tickets? Only First operate this service at present.