LOST: Tabby & white cat in Meersbrook

Hi all,

Our tabby & white, long-haired male cat has gone missing from Rushdale Road (Kent Road end). We haven't seen him since Tuesday evening, which is quite a long time for him.

He's nearly 2, neutered and chipped though not wearing a collar. He's mainly tabby, with white paws, chest and tummy, and white across the bottom of his face and up his nose. He also has a small white patch on his back.

I've checked the RSPCA found cats page with no luck. I'd really appreciate it if anyone knows anything!

Thanks for looking

I will keep my eyes open when walking in the area , have you thought of putting posters up asking people to look in sheds and garages etc.

Good luck

Just bumping this for my friend. :)

Ring the local vets and the council road clearance dept to ensure he hasn't been picked up injured. Poster the area with as many posters as possible, asking people to check garages, sheds outhouses etc. He could've wandered in somewhere and got trapped. If you can afford to get flyers made up, do so and post through as many doors as you can. Good luck and i hope he turn up safe

Thanks, she's making fliers, I'll tell her to ring round in the morning.

Thanks, she's making fliers, I'll tell her to ring round in the morning.

Chances are he won't be there as they would've checked for a chip and contacted her. Worth a try tho

Thanks everyone :)

I've put up a couple of posters already, and will do some more later. I've let the RSPCA know via the "Lost Animals" page, and also tried calling Street Force, as someone told me that they don't contact you even if the animal is chipped. (They assured me that they always scan, and contact owners where possible)

As I know a lot of people who live around here, I've also let people know through facebook to keep an eye out!

I do feel like maybe I'm worrying a bit too much; he's an adult cat (nearly 2 anyway), so it's not as though he's a tiny lost kitten. As I said, it's more just that it's not usual for him to disappear for more than 8 hours (less during the day). Mind you, there's a first time for everything!

Thanks again though for all your advice.

Hi Emily , drop a few fliers/posters into the garage if you like and I'll post them around..not sure if you're aware but there's pretty much a colony of ferals living in and around the old house on Maxi place,it may be worth having a wander up there,know he's neutered but doesn't always stop them being interested does it.

Hi again everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know that he's home! He turned up yesterday in the early hours, thin but otherwise healthy. Still no apology for disappearing, but there you go... ;)

Anyway, thanks all for your advice, it was much appreciated. Just need to go and take the posters down now!