Looking for Garbutt family from Heeley

Does anyone remember the Garbutt family from Little London Road, Heeley?

There may be a Steven (Stephen) Garbutt born around 1949 who went to Meersbrook School.

I would really like to contact him or any other Garbutt family members regarding my family history.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Sandy

Hi Sandy1

Been trying to pm you but hav'nt worked it out yet.

I am James Garbutt, born in 1948 to Walter Garbutt and Kathleen Garbutt. I have three other brothers, Ian Garbutt, born in 1947, Stephen Garbutt born in 1949 and Martin Garbutt born in 1958.

We left Little London around 1962 or 3 when the council decided to pull the houses down under the slum clearance progamme.

My father Walter Garbutt died in 1979 at the age of 68,he had only been retired about three years, after working many years at Tyacks Sons and Turner as a Grinder

My mum Kathleen died in 1998 at the age of 78.

Hope this helps you.

Ps Are you related to us or just a friend of the family????

You can pm me if you want anymore info,cheers Jim

Does anyone remember the Garbutt family from Little London Road, Heeley?

There may be a Steven (Stephen) Garbutt born around 1949 who went to Meersbrook School.

I would really like to contact him or any other Garbutt family members regarding my family history.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Sandy

Hi Sandy, this is Stephen Garbutt. I saw your msg and had to respond. I am now living in Cheltenham and have been for the last 10 years or so. If you would like to chat sometime, please send me a msg and I will give you my msn address.

Sorry forgot lol if you look in my profile then my msn addy is in there :)

MadChef54

So glad you did respond. I have sent you a pm. I hope you are the Garbutt I am looking for and can help a bit with my family research.

On 15/10/2006 at 22:47, MadChef54 said:

Hi Sandy, this is Stephen Garbutt. I saw your msg and had to respond. I am now living in Cheltenham and have been for the last 10 years or so. If you would like to chat sometime, please send me a msg and I will give you my msn address.

I know this post is a few years old now. 

However in case anyone is still looking for Stephen Garbutt, I'm sorry to say he died in March 2013. Due to a doctors negligence in hospital. 

His brothers Ian and James Garbutt also died, so I believe its only Martin left. 

If anyone wants to get in touch, then feel free to do so. 

Sad and sorry to hear Steven passed some years ago I didn't know. 

Steven was a couple of years younger than me but we played together quite a bit in the sixties. I'm from bottom of Valley Rd and did my apprenticeship at Tyzacks . We once made a banmarie for a chap called Garbutt who was a charge hand in another department as he diD pie and peas etc in a local working men's club. But I don't know if he was Stevens dad or uncle.