Oops my bus set on fire..

Looks a nasty fire that one! At least everyone got out safely.

Don't mind at all, I took some more after the appliances arrived - do you want those too?

Fab yes if you could post one of those that would be great too and we'll add them to our Flickr page. We are just doing a very short write up for the website.

Really that was quick , to get a full assesment in such a quick time it took around 5 weeks after the last one before it was put on disposal list

If you look what i put, i said Withdrawn not put on the Disposal List, there is a difference. Withdrawn means it will not be in service today, tomorrow or infact in the near future. To put it on the Disposal List mean exactly that to Disposal of it, which can take 5 weeks or longer. But of course Bus Man you know that already, don't you?

Fab yes if you could post one of those that would be great too and we'll add them to our Flickr page. We are just doing a very short write up for the website.

further pictures;

http://imgur.com/a/UkLDD

till the cuts kick in properly

And I suppose the fire station closures in 2009 and early 2010 weren't done by Labour?

The bus was on the 52 and was Stagecoach 31933. It has been withdrawn.

You don't say!

If you look what i put, i said Withdrawn not put on the Disposal List, there is a difference. Withdrawn means it will not be in service today, tomorrow or infact in the near future. To put it on the Disposal List mean exactly that to Disposal of it, which can take 5 weeks or longer. But of course Bus Man you know that already, don't you?

You mean it wont be on road tomorrow, it be in better nick than some of the heaps out there!

When i was driving buses we had a problem with buses overheating on a regular basis, due to the amount of hills, and the weather, im not expert but i think this is a reasonable guess as to how this fire could have started, glad everyone got out safely though.

I passed the bus on the way to work as well and I remember thinking "that bus looks smokey" little did I know seconds later it would go up in flames.

Then I thought, why is there sand all over the road, when on the way home just now. That explains it.

Glad everyone was safe and not hurt.