Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

has anyone on here got a SE X8? if so, what is the build quality like? does it feel cheap or does it feel quite solid?

and whats overall usability like?

also do you get different coloured back plates with them?

has anyone on here got a SE X8? if so, what is the build quality like? does it feel cheap or does it feel quite solid?

and whats overall usability like?

also do you get different coloured back plates with them?

I have the x8 in white. you do get a back plate but colours vary.

It's an 'ok' phone. But the camera is very disapointing.. the quality of the picture is very dark and there are not many settings you can fiddle with. The keypad for typing txt is very small so if you got chunky sausage fingers, you be there all day correcting as, u may hit 2 keys!

It's a nice looking fone but 'doesn't do what it says on the tin' so to speak.

I'll be looking for a new phone very shortly.

However this is my opinion on the phone. I do suggest you try it out or take a closer look, mainly because i may not be a huge fan but you may like it. we all different and have different tastes.

Kind reagrds Janette

been doing alot of searching, reading reviews and watchin vids on youtube and im liking what i see.

im not botherd about camera, i never take pictures so.

im just sick of this blackberry and having to pay £5 a month just to use internet on it.

when the blackberry internet service runs out, the phone is basicly useless and is just a normal texting and calling phone.

has anyone on here got a SE X8? if so, what is the build quality like? does it feel cheap or does it feel quite solid? and whats overall usability ...Witrigs. com

I had one for a while. They have good roms on Xda. They don't natively have multi touch screens but if you root it and look it up you can make it multitouch. U have to have a certain kinda screen tho and I was lucky. To today's standards the build quality etc is not that bad but abit plasticky you can take semi decent pictures if the lightings right.I upgraded my x8 last year with the Xperia neo. Much better than the x8 and could probably pick one up for under 100 now.

I had one for a while. They have good roms on Xda. They don't natively have multi touch screens but if you root it and look it up you can make it multitouch. U have to have a certain kinda screen tho and I was lucky. To today's standards the build quality etc is not that bad but abit plasticky you can take semi decent pictures if the lightings right.I upgraded my x8 last year with the Xperia neo. Much better than the x8 and could probably pick one up for under 100 now.

I had an X8 for a few months and I'd pretty much agree with the above. The X8 is a reasonable phone but I would look for something a little newer if you can. I have an Xperia Neo V (same thing as the poster above apart from the camera) and the bigger screen makes it much nicer and easier to use.