Going to the Lyceum theatre, where to eat local to the theatre

PLEASE ADVISE

My Wife and I are going to the Lyceum theatre on Saturday evening.

We would like to have a nice English meal before arriving, price range up to £35 ish for us both including wine or beer

I am a little disabled and walk with the aid of a walking stick. we would want somewhere reasonably local to the Lyceum.

Years ago we used to go to Tuckwoods which is now The London club, looks good but a bit to expensive

Hope you can help

Gerald

How about the Devonshire Cat? A lovely pub with a fabulous selection of beers and a great menu. It's not exactly next door to the Lyceum but it's not miles away either, it's where we usually eat pre-theatre! :)

Early bird offer at Ego (Although the last time I went it was pretty poor). Check out Silversmiths, they used to do a theatre special. Wick at Both Ends on West Street, bit further away but good food and 241 I think this month if you mention SF.

AllBarOne has a deal on if you register on their website.

Another vote for the Wick at Both Ends. It's not too far from the Lyceum and the best "traditional English" pub food you'll get in town.

I can especially recommend the mushroom veggie burger and the fish and chips - yum.

the London Club on Surrey street also have a pre-theatre menu

Oops sorry, did not see you already commented on London Club!

We've been meaning to try Wick for ages, heard nothing but good things about the place. If you try it there Gerald let us know how you get on!

the italian Mamas is great, nice atomosphere and great food

We went to egos a few weeks ago, and it was lovely. very intimate atmosphere, lovely views into the winter gardens and yummy food. can definitely reccommend the mozarella risotto balls as a starter!

Crucible Corner is very close and does a reasonable (although by no means outstanding) meal. You do need to book though.

Crucible Corner is very close and does a reasonable (although by no means outstanding) meal. You do need to book though.

And it's quite expensive.

And it's quite expensive.

Compared to Ego and London Club i think they are very reasonable and good value for money.