Tap and Die set needed!

does anybody have a tap and die set as i have rounded the crankshaft off, on my pitbike and really need to rethread it. give me a call please on 07799783800

what sort of tap and die set? lots of threads to chose from. Try Machine Mart

If you've rounded the crank off, I should chuck the bike in the bin! the crank should be so hard that you would strip the nut before you strip the crank threads, if you can strip it like that imagine what the big ends are going to be like!!

If you've damaged the original thread then there might not be enough metal to form a new thread that will hold. Also you will need to make sure the die starts cutting exactly where the old thread started or you will end up double threading it.

Try that engineers shop on Attercliffe Common, can't remember the name of it but you cant miss it, across road from Banners.

Hi my partner has a set, but thinks it might be too small for the job you doing, he said what size do you need

My dad has a set. Suspect its not metric though, is/was it an English bike?

I got loads depends what you have actualy done any chance of a close up pic.And size required.

Do you mean stripped thread or rounded end off knocking it out of crank tututut lol.

Chesterfield second hand market has a stall that sells tap and die kits.

They are around 50p per peice.

Its on on a Thursday. Good luck.

(I hope you not gonna be riding your bike around our estate the spies will grass you up):suspect: