Outsourcing: Good, Bad or Indifferent?

As an employee in the I.T. industry, the question of outsourcing comes around on a regular basis. I have just read an article indicating that £207bn is spent on outsourcing in the UK.

Do any of you have experience of being outsourced?

What are your impressions post change?

Anyone have strong feelings for or against?

Article: http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2011/05/05/246588/IT-dominates-UKs-163200bn-outsourcing-sector-says-Oxford.htm

Thanks.

In my (limited) experience, the amount of problems that can arise with quality of product and management of resources/requirements can easily offset the apparent £saving.

In my (limited) experience, the amount of problems that can arise with quality of product and management of resources/requirements can easily offset the apparent £saving.

I understand that to be a commonly held belief and one which a couple of people have recounted to me. I think that the amount of money being spent in outsourcing and the fact that it is increasing, seems to me that in some instances there must be business benefit or companies would revert back to traditional methods of service delivery.

Thanks for your comments.