What do I need to take if I'm birthing @ Jessops?

Hi everyone,

I'll be having my second baby at Jessops. It will be my first time birthing at Jessops and just wanted to check to see what I'll need to bring in.

Is it true I need to provide everything, down to my own towels etc? The last time I gave birth (overseas) the hospital provided all the nappies, wipes, blankets for baby, fresh bath towels for baby and myself, and sanitary towels etc. I just had to provide my own toiletries and some clean clothes for baby and myself.

Thanks in advance... just trying to do a little planning ahead!

Unfortunately everything is needed when giving birth in Jessops. Although i did get some maternity pads when i had just delivered. Best bet is to take everything just to be on the safe side.

Agreed, even down to taking your own pillows! I've been advised by my midwife that you should make sure they have a patterned/coloured cover on too as often they can go 'missing'! when you get to around 39 weeks you should get a pack from your midwife with a checklist in of what to include which is helpful (unless your little one arrives sooner!!). If you saw my hosp bag you'd think I were going for the week though as ive one for me, one for baby and one full of drinks, food, books, magazines etc for me and hubby!! Good luck! X

My second son came earlier so if you're caught out then Jessops will provide all essentials. But reastically you will move rooms at least once (labour ward to delivery room and/or back) so only try and take the minimum. There are pillows there so unless you particularly want an extra for labouring then don't bother. Pack dark towels for you (not necessary for baby), nappies, maternity pads, clothes for you and baby and some toiletries for you. If you're unlucky enough to need a longer stay as I was then your partner can bring things later

Hi everyone,

I'll be having my second baby at Jessops. It will be my first time birthing at Jessops and just wanted to check to see what I'll need to bring in.

Is it true I need to provide everything, down to my own towels etc? The last time I gave birth (overseas) the hospital provided all the nappies, wipes, blankets for baby, fresh bath towels for baby and myself, and sanitary towels etc. I just had to provide my own toiletries and some clean clothes for baby and myself.

Thanks in advance... just trying to do a little planning ahead!

take a kettle!

also a keep the noise down sign in every language you can think of. oh if you have one your own expresser. and some disposable cameras with flash.

hope all goes well.

I have had 3 kids there and have always had access to pillows and towels. You need to take your own nappies, pads, soap, shampoo etc though.

My mum made me a little pamper pack, well little minis of lovely shower gels, shampoos etc. It made me feel a little more normal during the 3 nights I had to stay in.

You will need everything that you usually need at home plus the maternity extras!

i second the pillow. the staff loved it - bright red - even said "ohh she's heard the rumours and brought her own".

i didn't get maternity pads this time round but did with ds1.....but then bubs decided he couldn't hang on for me to get to delivery either. lol

they do have a supply of towels/ blankets/ nappies/ clothes etc for baby and thankfully used common sense and used these after I'd given birth and could physically get off the bed to find all mine for them (yes he surprised me quickly too....and hubby who didn't make it there in time)

lol @ kettle.....you'll have that much else to carry you'll not fit it in..... besides cold tea sets you in good stead for the next few months and cold toast is delightful after birth... NOT ..... thank god for Subway and other local sandwich shops!!

cold toast is delightful after birth... NOT ..... thank god for Subway and other local sandwich shops!!

I counted up my hozzie meals, including breakfast during labour and afterwards and I counted 15... I was that bored I looked forward to the meals and had TWO hot meals per day and actually enjoyed them! OMG! :hihi:

lol Lauren........ the only bit i enjoyed was the amazing icecream!!! was looking forward to my sunday roast the day tinywiggle was born.... yuck wish i'd had a sarnie - inedible didn't begin to describe it.